Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I've got renthal Fat Bars on my 125sx. Have any of you with Scotts dampers installed put the pad back on handlebars like mine without the cross bar? I hate the thought of doing a face plant into the stabilizer. I'm not sure if I should mess with trying to cut the old pad around the damper somehow for just a little bit of protection.

96XRBoy

Dec 17, 2000
I saw a guy at shady grove two weekends ago split his pelvis in half (no kidding broke the bone)(he hit the stablizer). he did not have a pad. I think that I would think that pad of some kind would have helped.

Oct 27, 2000
I have a Scott's on my bike with Pro-Tapers. I cut out the pad. It doesn't completely protect you. But it is better than nothing. I used the padding the dampner came in to mark the pad and cover. It came out perfect. About a 1/4 inch of the dampner is still exposed. You could still hit your face on it but you would have to hit it just right. It covers the front back and sides good. It protects the dampner also. (those things aren't cheap). I wanted to try to get a Renthal pad and do the same thing. It looks like they are taller and may cover it better.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Ouch!

Thats why I got a W.E.R. :p :p :mad:

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Lorin has a slick pad on his bike. Complete with custom graphics PM him for details.

Top Bottom