craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
Well, the final tally was VioletSP, Enduro_Nut, and Craig_enid arriving at the Stillwater 500 around 7:30 AM for some trail time before the temps hit 'miserable'. Justql, OKKXer, Bswift, MX547, and OldMaiconut were all there 'in spirit'....
E_N's VOR wasn't back from the upgrade shop, so we were on the KDX's for the day.
The plan was to run one loop of the Golden Eagle course to give VioletSP the feel of what she would encounter at the Red River enduro, hopefully her first race. Started out a little dicey when she had a front brake wash-out and low-sided on a right turn. No damage done and we were soon back on the trail. Violet was leading the row, cleaning the spiders from the trail, (Get it OFF me!!!!) when the next biff occurred... it was a right turn downhill into a ravine, Violet missed the back brake and had to grab the front just as she was hitting the turn. The combination of the front brake and the front wheel hitting the outside berm launched her and the TTR down the hill. She did a Superwoman imitation into a rather large patch of poison ivy. She went about 15 feet and the bike went 10, so it was a good landing. We took another break and got rid of all the arachnids that were along for the ride. She tweaked an ankle injury on this one, so the 'fun factor' was rapidly diminishing....
The last straw was on a rutty uphill that had a mass of tree roots that were exposed, right at the top of the hill. I went up first, dropped the kickstand and headed back to watch the carnage. She made the attempt before I got there, so I found the TTR in a position that I knew it had to have 'landed' in.... She was pretty shook up, after that one, and we decided to scout a trail back to camp. Found a way out to a road and took 3 easy miles back to the truck, water, and food.
E_N and I took one more run while Violet found some shade. E_N, being a KDX owner in the past, quickly got his 2-stroke legs back. He took the lead, and quickly stretched his lead out enough that the dust wasn't a problem for me...... it settled before I got to it! Coming off shoulder surgery, and riding someone elses bike, he goes real good! :D
We missed all you spodes who couldn't make it, and look forward to healed bodies, and cooler weather!

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by craig_enid
I went up first, dropped the kickstand and headed back to watch the carnage

Now there's a loving dad. :p ;) Sorry to hear of your mis fortune Violet. Seems like ALL of the Heartland Spodes are having trouble lately. Thats the very reason my bikes have sat since our Cooperland ride. Yep thats right they haven't even been out since June 6. I figure the next time I do any riding will be the day we trim trails at Cooperland. Some easy ridning while working.

motox757

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 14, 2001
No trouble with this Heartland Spode. My son and I have been riding all this time and no problemo... So keep that BAD mojo... Don't want any of it...

Originally posted by justql

I figure the next time I do any riding will be the day we trim trails at Cooperland. Some easy ridning while working.

Has a date been set for this trail day? Also, my question still stands about the riding fee for trail day...

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Violet sp rode well for the time spent "in the saddle", she picks it up quickly!

Just wanted to say - THANKS (!!!!!!) for letting me tag along and ride the mean green machine!! :)

VioletSP

Dec 16, 2001
after saturday i no longer have any desire to see Eight Legged Freaks. Its quite disconcerting to try and focus on a trail when theres a large (we're talkin quarter size here) yellow spider named Ugly swinging from your visor. The weather was not at all bad until we (and by "we" i mean "I") had to stop for breathers. Breathers usually came after I lost it going up or down or in between hills. I had a nice couple of long breaks after i found myself heading down hill toward a corner and couldnt find the back break opting to take a frolick in the poison ivy (no sign yet!!) instead of launching off the burm at the corner and when Rudy (my bike) tried to climb up the side of a rut standing vertically about four feet high on an up hill without my full cooperation. I would have enjoyed it much better if i hadnt gotten woozy at the furthest point possible from the trucks. i cant wait for the fall when the weathers better and its not so gross to ride after 11 am.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by VioletSP
and its not so gross to ride

this may very well have been the first time these words were spoken by a dirt biker. ;)

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
You're right, she should have said it was gross to STOP.....
Got a breeze when you are moving.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
LMAO, Jay!

VioletSP

Dec 16, 2001
thats an average estimate....
and i'm not saying my perception wasn't affected by the fact that they were crawling up my arms and hanging from my visor. :eek:

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Your dad has taught you to be a true woos rider. I'm proud of you. I hope I get to see you at an enduro this year. There won't be any spiders on the trail then. ;)

Top Bottom