Stock 2002 KX 250 High Altitude jetting

Locodoc

Feb 15, 2014
I just moved to Colorado from Ohio and i am gonna have to Jet my KX and my 2003 Warrior. Can anyone give me some advise?..... I am currently at around 5000 Ft. Alt. + - 100 Ft.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Likely going to have to start about 2 sizes smaller in general. Start with your low speed circuit and get a reasonable idle. Test ride from idle to 1/4 throttle and don't worry about the sputtering above 1/4 throttle. When you have a satisfactory response at lower throttle settings, move to the main jet. Drop one size at a time and test from 1/4 to 3/4 throttle settings. If you experience small hesitations don't panic, look for the overall best results. Once you've got your baseline, work with the needle position and air screw to fine tune. You'll get rid of the hesitation and bogging near the end.
There was a thread on two-stoke tuning called Spanky's tuning guide. If you can find it, it works. Just be sure you only make one change at a time so you can determine better or worse for that change. Changing too many things will leave you chasing your tail and frustrate you beyond belief.

Locodoc

Feb 15, 2014
Thanks BSWIFT....I just removed my Carb and am going to get some jets this week......I'll be sure to post my results!

Top Bottom