Jun 28, 2002
Hi queer!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Farmer John said:
Good god this is an old timers thread... ;)
Looks that way!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Holy frick!! Man look at the names in here.... Zio, Solo, Kiwi, Luckey, thumbs, FJ, MILK!!! Where's the LYM hiding, and my favorite Cali girl Natdawg? Man it seems like it's been forever, a reunion would rock!! :aj:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
zio said:
a gathering is coming. i feel it 'tween my cheeks.
COLON BLOW!!!!!!!!!!:yikes:

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Did somebody say an "old timers" reunion??????? :yikes:

THAT WOULD BE SWEET!!! :ride:

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
wrench said:
Did somebody say an "old timers" reunion??????? :yikes:

no. Farmer John said it was an old timers thread. For crap's sake... get your cataracts fixed before you and your Olds mow down a couple dozen kids at a little league game.

wrench

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
zio said:
no. Farmer John said it was an old timers thread. For crap's sake... get your cataracts fixed before you and your Olds mow down a couple dozen kids at a little league game.
My cataracts are working as well as your twinkie there cupcake! :nener:

I combined FJ & Nikkis' comments together.
Glad to hear you are doing well. :cool:

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
I'll bring some WD40 to oil the hinges on Tony's cooler when we steal all of his beer! :)

What were the details of the "dual mission" again?

All is well, my kids are getting older, but they're not riding yet. Ivan, the 24 hour race back in June of 2005 was the last time I was on a dirt bike. :( I do have two KDXs still sitting in my garage though.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Timr said:
All is well, my kids are getting older, but they're not riding yet. Ivan, the 24 hour race back in June of 2005 was the last time I was on a dirt bike. :( I do have two KDXs still sitting in my garage though.

That is a travesty!!! Damn sorry to hear that.

I have ridden a bit since then and did a few 12 hour races but my riding has dropped off considerably... especially since I just moved outside of Nashville to Franklin, TN.

But I'll be back in SC in a couple weeks and am going riding at TNT. Too bad you don't live a bit closer.

Ivan

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
I know where Franklin is. I have relatives in Nashville.

I got pulled over in Franklin on my way to Lorretta Lynn's to meet up with Eddy and the crew for the LL trail ride back in 2005. THAT was a great weekend.

I do need to get back on the bike. For sure. It's cool to see that everyone drops in here from time to time.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
We need to come up with a place to have a gathering in 2010. It has been WAY too long, that is for sure.

If EDRA was not so far out in West Texas it would be good.

We have 40 plus miles of singletrack trail now and we are shooting for 200. We built a mini track over the last weekend, but it needs some serious tweaking with our SWECO dozer.

We don't have a track yet, but a 7.5 mile loop is planned. Not a MX track, but more of a Cross Country style loop. Is it for racing Razors and buggies, so it could be a fun loop.

With 3,400 acres, we could probably scrounge up a place for a real MX track.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Timr:

I came through the 'ham a few weeks back. Unfortunately, it was about 2AM. I was on my way back from delivering my XRR that I sold to Kav.

There is a lead on a project just east of there so I might be back soon.

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Tony Eeds said:
If EDRA was not so far out in West Texas it would be good.

We have 40 plus miles of singletrack trail now and we are shooting for 200. We built a mini track over the last weekend, but it needs some serious tweaking with our SWECO dozer.

We don't have a track yet, but a 7.5 mile loop is planned. Not a MX track, but more of a Cross Country style loop. Is it for racing Razors and buggies, so it could be a fun loop.

With 3,400 acres, we could probably scrounge up a place for a real MX track.

EDRA works for me.....

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Farmer John said:
EDRA works for me.....

It is 8 miles south of I10 near Sheffield Texas. The closest major town is Fort Stockton, which is 90 miles west. Ozona is the county seat, but it is 32 miles away.

There are some great trails there that really need to be burned in.

Anyone that wants to is welcome to come check the place out.

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
When is the best time of the year to ride there?
How many of the Dirt Week alums would make the trip?
For me its a long drive +/- a couple hundred miles, which means its all good. :nod:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Farmer John said:
When is the best time of the year to ride there?
How many of the Dirt Week alums would make the trip?
For me its a long drive +/- a couple hundred miles, which means its all good. :nod:

From now though May are the best months. It can get as hot as hades in the summer. After a few more weeks the last remaining bugs will be gone.

There is plenty of place to park ... similar in size to Cooperland. We have running windmill water for bathing and such. We use generators for power, so it is roll your own in that respect.

If anyone wants to chart a course on Google, or whatever, use Sheffield Texas as the end point and you will be within 15 minues of the park.

From the west ... add 15 minutes
From the east ... subtract 15 minutes

Last edited:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
If I can work out a schedule I'll go!

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Any trees that need felling? :) I must be psychic, somebody on DRN starts talking road trip and its like a Bat signal for me.
I can guarantee that I can get some of the socal wrecking crew to go!
Lets :ride: ride!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
mxbundy said:
Any trees that need felling? :)

You will run out of time, energy, and likely blood, before we run out of cedar and mesquite.

I must be psychic, somebody on DRN starts talking road trip and its like a Bat signal for me.
I can guarantee that I can get some of the socal wrecking crew to go!
Lets :ride: ride!

We can make this happen. I am there every other weekend, with a few exceptions, until this park is open and operational.

As I said, we have 40 miles of trail down, and a 7.5 mile track and maybe 50 more miles of trail already planned.

As it is too hot in the summer, we generally get really busy out there this time of the year. We also have a threatened species closure area that kicks in between March 1st and August 31st that takes out about 20 percent of the land area and one planned trail.

We are starting to lay in some A loops that I will likely only ride on my TTR as they are going to be rough ... maybe my KTM 200, but definitely not my KTM 400.

For those that have DS bikes, there is a nice set of dirt roads heading south to Langtry that can turn into 120 miles of fun.

Pull up this image from my SmugMug account ...

Our entrance gate is on the left ... a T of the gravel road and CR406 / Hoover Divide Road ... for those with GPS software ...

N30.58491 W101.58294 - that is the intersection at CR406 and our gate.

Back to the sat photo ...

There are two horizontal lines ... north and south boundary

There is a vertical line on the left ... in a bit from the road ... western boundary

The eastern boundary is a panhandle to the top right ... you can kinda see it.

3,400 acres of West Texas!

This is the current trail map ...

This is what we expect to have by early next spring ...

The trails are rough and we are going back through them now trimming them back some more as the Mesquite and Cactus are not quite far enough back from the edge of the trail. Most of the MC and ATV trail "looks" alike and is singletrack in width. We have "carved" a path at grade level with the SWECO, which has a 4 foot wide blade, but the actual trail is more like 24 to 30 inches at this time. The ATV trails are smoother, and faster, as we made the curves more gentle. The MC trail has lots of blind 90 degree very tight turns to keep riders on their toes.

The mesa is about 250~300 feet above the floor of the valley, so we have lots of areas for sidehill trail ... 60% cross grade :p ... to keep people on their toes, as well.

Now ... back to DS bikes ... there are some great roads in Big Bend National Park, and Big Bend Ranch State Park, that are worth exploring and would be a fitting stop for those heading west back home.

wrench

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
I am salivating!! :laugh:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I'm thinking, 2010 is going to be a good year .... may just get me another bike.

Hi Y'all

A spodefest "is a good thing" ....... Martha

Tony old friend, that aerial photo reminds me a bit of Lake Mckenzie ..... ah the good old days !! :whoa:

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
2010 has GOT to be a good year, 2009 sucked. I'm in.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
BunduBasher said:
I'm thinking, 2010 is going to be a good year .... may just get me another bike.

Hi Y'all

A spodefest "is a good thing" ....... Martha

Tony old friend, that aerial photo reminds me a bit of Lake Mckenzie ..... ah the good old days !! :whoa:

Yo, bro ...

Don't crop dust us ... fill us in ... what has been happening?

Mckenzie is still there. I'm betting the wind is still blowing. It was the last time I was by there ...

I'm off to Childress sometime in the next few weeks to talk with them about their track, downtown, economic development, historic preservation ... anything to scare up a buck ...

Top Bottom