Super Glue Problem. LOL! Please Help.

Rikster

Mar 22, 2010
Everytime I tried to ride my pitbike (Stomp 140, YX140 engine) my flywheel bolt came loose and the flywheel flew off. I found that it was because it had chewed up a woodruff key before and it chewed up the cranks taper which holds the flywheel in place.

So what I decided to do was smother the flywheel and nut in super glue and technically it shouldn't move. It worked and the flywheel doesnt move at all, but turns out I glued the wrong flywheel to the crank :bang: . It was a Lifan flywheel but I tried to run it anyway and it fires too late, doesn't pull and the exhaust glows red like a lightsaber.

I tried to get it off and managed to get the nut off, but the flywheel is well and truley stuck. Anyone have any super ideas to get it off? Thankyuu.

Edit: Managed to get it off by pouring boiling water over it for 1-2 minutes then levering it off with a big flathead :nod:

Last edited:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Ever think what might happen if it got hot enough to cause the super glue to fail while you were riding? I assure you if you spend just a little time and effort you could find a better & safer solution.

Rikster

Mar 22, 2010
Patman said:
Ever think what might happen if it got hot enough to cause the super glue to fail while you were riding? I assure you if you spend just a little time and effort you could find a better & safer solution.

True. Its only temporary till I get a new crank but im always ready on the cutout switch if I hear any abnormal pops.

Rikster

Mar 22, 2010
Its a scrappy pit bike... All I want it for is ripping around some private land with my mates on theirs. Only doing this because its been sitting here for 3 months doing nothing since I also own a KX100 and a DRZ400 which are mechanically perfect.

Im not about to prioritise money for a new crank when i'd rather scrap it in. Im not too fussed if it breaks more as it would get sold as spares and repaires anyway.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
If it's junk then just weld it.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Silly me.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Rikster said:
I also own a KX100 and a DRZ400 which are mechanically perfect.

You mean the KX100 you have with the weak spark that keeps blowing head gaskets, or the DRZ with the carb problems? :whoa:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Rich Rohrich said:
You mean the KX100 you have with the weak spark that keeps blowing head gaskets, or the DRZ with the carb problems? :whoa:

:rotfl: See!!! I knew it couldn't be true. ;)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Well perfect besides those things.

:rotfl:

Rikster

Mar 22, 2010
haha Stop checking my threads! Those problems have all been sorted, that was months ago. Stop ripping me!! :O

Top Bottom