miekmyk

Oct 18, 2009
Is it okay for me to use my power enduro for everyday use? it's a two stroke. I am planning on using it for everyday use from home to work then some light trails.

What mods should i do? like change tires after trail riding.. etc..

how about my sprockets? you guys think i should change sprockets fir road use to space out the gears wider? Am i right? im not sure.

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
You will need to get the bike and ride it before making any determination on gearing changes. There's no reason to start planning on gearing changes unless you find that the stock sprockets are deficient in some area for you.

Should be fine as a get around bike. Just keep in mind that it IS a 2 stroke. If you're using engine braking for extended periods the cylinder can go dry and overheat. You have to clutch and hit the throttle once in a while when coasting to get some lubrication to the engine. No crankcase oil like a 4t ;) .

Good luck,

J.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
If you could find a spare set of wheels to mount street tires and a different gear on you could just switch them out as needed.

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
RM_guy said:
Where do you live? You won't be able to license a RMX for the street in the USA.

Explain. It's not terribly difficult to street legal a bike in MOST states. Laws do vary from state to state.

miekmyk

Oct 18, 2009
RM_guy said:
Where do you live? You won't be able to license a RMX for the street in the USA.

It's plated. Im here in the philippines. We can have any type of bike plated here as long as you have money LOL... Even full race MX bikes..

Im thinking of changing the front sprocket to suit riding in highways.. average speed will be around 100 to 120kph in a highway. I dont know what the max speed of a suzuki RMX is.

anyone knows the topspeed. My kawa KMX125 can go 141KPH before

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I figured you were not in the US but had to ask anyway. I should have checked your profile :nod:

Top speed with stock gearing is probably between 70 and 75 mph but that's wide open so a larger front sprocket would be advisable. You will have a tough time in tight trails but the RMX has a nice flywheel weight so you may be OK. You'll really have to try it and see.

1 tooth on the front sprocket is 3-4 teeth on the back so if the larger front is too much for the woods then try a 2-1 tooth smaller on the rear.

I'd go with a DOT off road tire. I have a friend that is in the same boat as you with an old DR350 and he bought the most aggressive street legal tires and can still do pretty good off road. They are still a bit squirrely on the road but not as bad a full knobbies.

miekmyk

Oct 18, 2009
Thanks for the info sir. How fast is is 70 to 75mph in kilometers? I prefer changing front sprockets because it's a lot easier to do than removing the rear sprockets.

It's easier to do in case i would like to go offroad which i'll be doing maybe around2x per month.

miekmyk

Oct 18, 2009
if i like treat my bike like a baby, accelerate gently, etc.. will this 2 smoke last longer? parts here are hard to find. We machine shop parts to have 'em fabricated. I think i would be travelling 5 kilometers/day going to work and back home.

you familiar with the gas consumption on a RMX250?

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
RM_guy said:
Why not? My cousin had a cr250 2 smoker plated. Rode it until his death a year ago.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
miekmyk said:
if i like treat my bike like a baby, accelerate gently, etc.. will this 2 smoke last longer?
Anything you take it easy on will last longer, so yes, baby it and it will last longer.
you familiar with the gas consumption on a RMX250?
I have no idea on the street.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
_JOE_ said:
Why not? My cousin had a cr250 2 smoker plated. Rode it until his death a year ago.
There are tricks to get them licensed and each state varies in their rules. I know guys that have gotten plates on 2 smoke bikes with a flashlight for a headlight but try explaining that to the cop that pulls you over. Vermont is a very easy place to get started if you want to do it but I don't think it would hold up in court...I'm no lawyer.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
RM_guy said:
There are tricks to get them licensed and each state varies in their rules. I know guys that have gotten plates on 2 smoke bikes with a flashlight for a headlight but try explaining that to the cop that pulls you over. Vermont is a very easy place to get started if you want to do it but I don't think it would hold up in court...I'm no lawyer.

Oh for sure. It's pretty easy to do here, just costs a bit and you need an inspection station to sticker it. The standards are pretty lax as far as motorcycles go in pa. I'm sure if you weren't goon riding through the city you could probly get away with it for a long time in most places.

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
I would have to advise against holding the rmx open at those speeds or getting on a highway in general. if you can stick to secondary (2 lane) roads where you can vary the throttle that would be best. otherwise the big end bearing is going bye-bye

also at those speeds your bike will wag around like a very happy dog (head shake)

Top Bottom