fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Sweeprider (AKA door prize winner at the BBQ dinner),

I just read in Dirt Rider magazine that all of the test riders in 24 hour event REALLY like the grip heaters on the KTM bikes. Just think you have a pair of these now famous grip heaters.
PLEASE make sure they end up on your bike and NOT Badgerman's.
Take Care,

Mike

SweepRider

Mar 14, 2002
Thanks for thinking of me, Mike. I asked BadgerMan, and he claims the grip warmers are still in the garage. I assume that means still in the package, not on his YZ, which gets the place of honor in the garage. (The rest of the fleet go in the lowly shed).

Anyway, I'm hearing that BadgerMan isn't sure those will work on my TTR125L (stands for "luxury"), since it has no headlight. Any mechanical advice you can give would be appreciated, so that the warmers wind up on the right bike.

Thanks again! Have fun Saturday! :D

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
As I recall Badgerman's bike does NOT have a headlight either.....

I think a new headlight for the 125 sounds lke an excellent birthday or Christmas gift. :)

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Sweeprider, I live closer to you and the infamous Badgerman! If you need some personal mechinical advice on making sure those grip heaters end up on the right bike, just let me know.

By the way, my new KTM has a headlight....weren't those heaters made specifically for KTM's???? :)

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
I guess that I should purchase a new 400EXC (to go with the grip warmers) for Sweeprider. Maybe a Mother's day present?

Do you suppose that she would let me ride it?

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I think a 400 EXC would make an EXCELLENT Mother's Day present. You ARE a nice guy TIM. Hey, when you are done riding Sweeprider's new bike... can I ride it???
According to Hiller, the TTR 125 can be modified to run electrical current to the grip warmers. His wife has one too (bike, not grip warmers).
Mike

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Nothing but the best for the little lady! Heck, I'd even maintain it for her and ensure that it was properly broken in.

Man, if someone has an idea on the grip warmers I would like to hear it. My hunch is that I would have to add a lighting coil to supply the 12v for the heaters.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Tim, I think there's already a lighting coil on the TTR. Most of the smaller 4 strokes already have them in there.

e.c.bert

Mar 11, 2002
Luxury is the key here! Wow, I saw a KTM 400MXC at the motocross track today and I am so impressed. EXC / MXC your wife deserves those
heated grips on her new motorcycle.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Yeah, I think I saw the same article. They sent the stator (?) out and had a lighting coil wound on it to power a headlight and tailight.

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
Badgerman on his wife's 400EXC :think:

this is just a bad idea. it will give you that much more time to rest while the sweepriders like me can catch up!

Sorry you couldn't make it on Saturday, see you at Spodefest III?

Rickshaw

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Ya know Rick, I'll betcha I could get one of them orange diesels going really fast. I am a little concerned about turning and/or stopping the Austrian-born engineering marvel once I did though. :scream: At this point, my middle aged exuberance is best paired with smaller, under-powered bikes.

As they say, it's not the crash or even hitting the ground that hurts. It's the sudden stop!

Top Bottom