killer454

Jan 3, 2011
i have a cr125r and i just changed the rear sprocket and have now found that the chain adjustment bolt in the end of the swing arm will not come out.

it doesent seem to be bent,i have put a half-inch drive socket on it and cant seem to get it to come out.

i need it out further for chain adjustment

any ideas?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
The threaded portion of the swingarm is about an inch long. The stud is past the end, inside the swingarm, and is likely corroded, and will not come out. Carefully drill it and re-tap it. Another used swingarm is likely to have the same issue. Routine maintenance, and a little anti-seize are truly priceless, and just like money in the bank. Vintage Bob

Nov 8, 2010
mate best advice drill it out and chase a tap down there and grease it up next time it goes in its anoying but happens.

hoever untill it shears off try free it up soak some wd40 etc and some freeze release and try work back and forth. if it moves work back and forth the whole way out then chase a tap down it

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
How does one get a ball of corrosion off, the inside of the swingarm, on the very end of that stupid steel bolt? Jeeves? Superman? I would really like to KNOW! That bolt has to be perfectly clean of all corrosion, or it will strip and break. Run it in all the way? Then, at best, it will rattle around inside for the rest of its life. I believe a new swing arm is under 300 dollars, with a discount. Otherwise its a little over 500 dollars. I scored a new one on fleabay for under 200! That was a lot of dumb luck too.

killer454

Jan 3, 2011
yes i soaked it up with wd40 let it set for awhile,and tryed to work it back and fourth but it endedup breaking off anyway.

im going to buy a new good drill bit,and tap and redo it this weekend.

we got this bike used so i did not know about this problem with them till now.you can gaurantee i will put some antisize on the new bolt when i get this fixed.

thanks everybody for the help

Top Bottom