JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
Ahhh...it's coming clearer....ok, so I think I understand the tail end some now. What about the low end of the scale? I would think you would want low numbers in the 10% portion of the curve for throttle response right? If that is true, why would you not want even lower 10% points....think I just answered my own question...too low 10% point and the fuel will become vapour before it gets to the combustion chamber, right?

So the shorter the intake tract and the less heat you are dealing with, the lower you could go with that 10% point?...in theory.

...and the 50% point kind of gives you an idea of the general shape of the curve, therefore the characteristics (whether there are large amounts of heavy ends or just a kicker), right?...maybe?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
It's always a matter of balance. :)

B35 strikes a good balance as does C12 , but it's always possible to tailor a fuel to a specific application if you are willing to think hard about the problem areas and do some testing ;)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by JTT
Thanks Rich!! :worship: You truely are THE MAN! :thumb:

NAH, I've just had the advantage of 30 years of trying things out and asking scary smart guys a trillion stupid questions they were wiling to answer (when they stopped laughing at me :thumb: )

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
Originally posted by Rich Rohrich
asking scary smart guys a trillion stupid questions they were wiling to answer (when they stopped laughing at me :thumb: )

Humm...seems I just experienced that myself ;) Thanks again!!

Top Bottom