Table Top jump

_JOE_

Subscriber
We always use trial and error. Figure out how fast you WANT to be going to clear the jump(how much lead and distance to next turn/jump), build it so it looks close and try it. If you come up short, cut the lip angle down a bit. If you over-clear it either lenghten the jump or steepen the lip. Whatever you do MAKE SURE YOU PACK IN THE LIP VERY WELL. I've seen what happens when you try to hit a soft lip, not pretty! Good luck and have fun :cool: .

olderndirtmom said:
The LINKS were the point, goofy. :rotfl:

It's called "Here's the information".

Oh... Poster... "Would you read it for me and tell me what it says?" :coocoo:

Uh, yeah.. sure. :bang: :bang:

:fft:
My point was that the spelling in this thread was horrible and the descriptions were so woefully non-specific that only the links were of any value - should you care to click on them after suffering through all the thread dribble.

I'm not always perfect in the way I word things, especialy when I'm in a hurry but got the point across. Instead of none constuctive put downs why didn't you simply clear things up with your vast intelect, (olderndirtmom) and type it the way it was ment to be, your way!!

Got_Green: Actually, I tried to. I found the links with longer more thoughtful replies. Found the links with a similar formula worked out for the poser. I even did the math on the 4 foot for the poster. I wrote it out long hand, with proper verbage (which I found incredibly difficult and worst yet, it confounded 1994cr125 even more).

Furthermore, Solid State indicated the entire thread was meaningless jibberish and totally unhelpful. So, I edited out the longer more wordy version and left the links in the hope that at least something would be helpful. I can't delete my posts, unfortunately, or I might have done that. I, too, am often in a hurry, or think of a better way to say things later. I can't delete my posts, but I can edit them.

And that is exactly what I did here. I stood corrected by 1994cr125, Solid State and yourself as to my own ability to clarify things. Apparently even proper verbage was totally unhelpful to anyone reading.

So I edited.

A useful tool. If you feel your post is useful and helpful and articulate as written, that is great. I support your freedom of expression completely. My opinion was that I could figure out what you meant, but that it could be said more clearly using either geometry terms or construction/carpentry terms. It's simply my opinion. It can cause you no harm if you find no value in it. It's like liking chocolate ice cream, a preference. I value things like precision in language. I value spelling. I value punctuation. I value understandable sentences. Just my thing. The more complicated the topic, the more I find it helpful.

However, I also value kindness and a willingness to help others. I wouldn't want to deter you from that in any way. Not my intent at all. This forum is nothing without those who are willing to help. For that I am truly sorry.

I believe 1994cr125 indicated he got everything he needed from your post. That is the important thing, right? That you were helpful to him? My opinion matters not one iota as you were trying to help him, not me.

Seems to me like you accomplished your mission. I applaud your willingness to be helpful. It's a very nice thing.

Last edited:
The links in the thread do not work. Anyone know how to access them? Thanks!
Are you wanting to know how to jump a table top? Just a Okie anyone else directly, its simple, practice, crash, practice some more, crash, rinse and repeat. LOL! It dont get mo easier!!!!!