The Adventures Of Canadian Dave

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
The Adventures of Canadian Dave

A few photos from our resident KDXpert Canadian Dave.

wrecklg.jpg

The handlebars are sharply angled on the left side to ease you into a tucked position, the rear fender spoiler helps weight the tail end at speed and prevents the rider from sliding off the back of the bike, not the mention the added comfort. One last finishing touch, the kickstand is bent at a 45-degree angle to further enhance stability. I know I'm a perfectionist. I've filed for a patent and once the process is complete I'll be able to make the same modifications available to the rest of the KDX'n public.

wreck2lg.jpg

The lack of gyroscopic effect has always caused high-speed stability challenges with smaller bore bikes. A steering damper will help immensely but they can be a little on the expensive side. It took some ingenuity and many sleepless nights but I've come up with a number of modifications that should really help and won't shrink the pocket book. As you can see from the photos the modifications are fairly basic. Any back yard mechanic with a good length of 2x4 and a post maul should easily be able to duplicate the results.

kieran2.jpg

My 2.5 year old son Kieran has been acting as my coach, guiding me through my training in preparation for the first ride. To date I've cleaned up over 2 tons of toys and I think I'm nearly ready to throw a leg over the beast. Here my son demonstrates the proper seating position for the first high speed run.

davelg.jpg

Canadian Dave Caught in the act of comparing jetting/silencers

davekdxlg.jpg

KDX outstanding in its field.

davejump.jpg

Dave flight testing the KDX. Where did the ground go?

daveriver2lg.jpg

You can lead a KDX to water but you cant make it drink.

daveriver1.jpg

Well maybe you can.

davetrail1lg.jpg

Deer trails - Super slow single track deer super highways.

davetrail2lg.jpg

More deer trails - Man these things must be big in Canada!

davewater.jpg

Dave taking shower before heading home.

Last edited:

Top Bottom