Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
14 months to the day yesterday I blew my knee up at the Badlands and I have not been back since, until yesterday. I spoke with Russ, the Badlands track owner and he informed me that the track is completely new layout. He was not kidding. I was in shock when I looked at it. The first thing I noticed was the jump faces and variety of jumps. Doubles, triples, camel backs, step-ups, catapaults, rythm sections... it has everything! It looked like a SX track with the size and peaks of the jumps. I was thinking (sarcastically) "boy did I pick a good time to come back here" My knees hurt just looking at it.

Russ had a 1 minute riders meeting before practice began and informed us the the track was going to be muddy in spots due to 4" of rain but he wanted to get the track open for us. He also begs for rider input on the track. Russ has done this since I have known him (3 years) If we don't like a part of the track he changes it, end of story.

First time out was muddy and slick. I rolled EVERY jump on EVERY lap, but I could tell that this wa going to be good. As the day went on the track dried up and got tacky and the jumps that were so intimidating at first were begining to be fun. The track is much longer than it used to be and there are so many different lines through the track it is unbelievable. I think after a few more rides out there I will have the confidence to do all of the obsticles... well maybe not the double-double.:eek:

Bottom line, if you like real MX/SX and live in the North Texas area the Badlands is the place to go.

KDX Racer

May 11, 2001
Hey Thump,

It was nice to meet you at the riders meeting. I agreed that the new track is great and Russ will listen to our concerns. I talked to Danielle before I left on Sunday and gave her a few suggestions concerning the new doubles.

Hope to see you again soon. I may be going to Nocona or Bull Run on Sunday, interested?

Johnny T. Luttrull

dad80

Dec 11, 2001
badlands rocks and russel always asks for feed back and acts on it the double double he mostly filled it in the season opener was a good day had by all they are racing again this sun 2/24

Top Bottom