pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
Welcome to your chance to have a truely awsome riding holiday in New Zealand. Your mission should you decide to accept it is to get yourself to New Zealand for my annual 4 day adventure trail ride, we will take in open farm land, desert, mountain bike tracks, short whooped out sand tracks, short road sections to connect trails, pine forest tree dodging, rock infested river crossings, corderoy wooden paths, native bush tunnels, steep climbs long enough to make your lungs burn, decents to make your eyes water, a little knee dragging black top racing, ride inside a deer farm (red deer are almost horse size), dodge and dive mud holes, spectate on railway viaducts, water-falls, a snow topped mountain, pass within feet of bee hives drop down ruts deep enough to need lights........
Any competent off road rider is capable of completing our ride, as long as you can ride 6 hour days on the bike. We generally cover 250km per day and have a back up vehicle to carry excess riding gear and overnight clothing. The average rider age is 42 but we have had pro mx riders and only 1 guy sold his bike mid ride (he swapped it for an atv and went back to the dunes). We ride a catapilar track system where the leader drops the next rider at a corner to direct all followers until a sweep rider relieves him so everyone gets a rest and a turn at the front and the rear.
The cost is $2000 NZ to cover entry, land access, safety, food, accomodation, fuel, and guiding. You will need to cover bar bills,road legal bike ( ktm EXC yam WR/TTR etc) , riding gear and getting to New Zealand. We ride on the left side of the road and you will need an international drivers licence able to cover motorcycles.
Anyone who comes will have the story of a lifetime to tell and we pool pictures taken and give a copy to each rider.
The ride takes place on FEB 26 till MARCH 1 2011

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
Have been out scoutting and mapping on the gps (garmin 62s) and so far all the really good woods tunnels are in great shape and still open enough to be fun, also found 2 really big trees left behind at logging time (redwood size mega trees) . Took a group of 13 and covered 60 miles each day looping all the slow steep and tight trails together. On the real ride we have to get out in the open more to keep the unfit happy and let them get some air in the face and also to make it to the next overnight stop. It's still the best riding in the world in my eyes

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
One of my last group praised it as the nearest he has come to a ten out of ten ride in his 35 years of riding, so even allowing for the BS factor it is a truely cool ride for anyone who likes tecnical and spectacular with the hernia. Is anyone game to cross the mighty pacific to experience it first hand?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Mapquest will not even allow me to guess on a preferred route from Indiana. So that must mean its over the edge of the Earth, and well into the 6 digit vacation package? I am having issues with 3 digits, and the old ball and chain shows me 1 digit! Does the French foreign legion still go down there?

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
The whole trip for a recently single/ divorced man would cost high4 to low 5 digits depending on the exchange rate between your lira and ours ( you get $1 for 70-80 cents) and I can promise a discount to anyone committed enough to put riding ahead of a wife with only one finger (be it social or anti-social) I now have some dvd clips and as soon as I can get help from a person young enough to understand how I'll post some teasers. Just like the shirt sats "I live with fear each day.....sometimes she lets me .......!)

jsantapau

Nov 10, 2008
pesky nz said:
The whole trip for a recently single/ divorced man would cost high4 to low 5 digits depending on the exchange rate between your lira and ours ( you get $1 for 70-80 cents) and I can promise a discount to anyone committed enough to put riding ahead of a wife with only one finger (be it social or anti-social)[/B] I now have some dvd clips and as soon as I can get help from a person young enough to understand how I'll post some teasers. Just like the shirt sats "I live with fear each day.....sometimes she lets me .......!)

omg tooo funy

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
jaguar said:
What is the cost to rent a bike? (EXC or WR)
The ride costs $1950 nzd
wr250r $1000 refundable deposit (get back if bike not damaged) and $1000 rental ($250 per day)
For details of ride go to www.adventurides.co.nz
extras for you include to and from New Zealand and Auckland to ride start in Central north Island 5 hour bus or train ride and return.

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
jsantapau said:
omg tooo funy
I hope no-one was upset by this as it was meant to be funny and show that we will go the extra mile if you travel half a world to visit us

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
Where you could have ridden?

Well the ride is finished and 14 happy customers got home in one piece, my stress level has dropped back to normal and I only have one land owner mildly unhappy.
The unhappy part is a first, but cicumstances beyond my control meant that a displaced rider pushed past a flock of sheep a bit too rudely.
I must have done a good job in the riders eyes since I never managed to buy a drink all week with one thanks beer after another.
As a group we covered 170 to 220 km each day taking in every type of terrain except snow (still summer here) and went from under 500ft up to over 6000ft and allowed easier routes to the tired. Ages from 37 to over 60 and normal jobs from motorcycle repairer and shop owner to dairy farmer to top flight lawyer, all slept soundly after each satifying days adventure (you call it dual sport). There were plenty of gentleman races and most had something to brag about by rides end. We used team work and a rope to get out of one river and used hand saws to clear windfall trees twice, each time creating a special team feeling that grew for the entire ride (making it harder to say farwell). The earth-quake tradgedy had struck us all but not first hand untill our final day observing the national 2 minute silence at trail side.
I can feel next years big adventure below me as I drift slowly back down to normal (job, home, food etc) and in a couple of weeks picture and video swapping will mean many hours of re-living and remembering the 2011 Ruapehu Adventure Trail, but for now there is bacon for dinner and chocolate for desert
and then the real desert arrived. If you go to www.adventurerides.co.nz you can track down the helmet cam footage on you tube. I'm the short fat ugly one with high viz on my backpack weighing down the WR450 Then just when I thought it could not get any better I find out that this Friday we will be hosting Mick Andrews for a day ride. I'll try to get a few words from one of observed trials greatest and share them next week :cool:

Last edited:

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
helmet cam 4 day ride

:cool: here is the direct link to helmet cam footage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUMOrUbix8E
Also today was our turn to host Mick Andrews for a days riding around farms, bush and the "Whanga coast world rally stage" The two time European (there was no world champs then) Trials champion and 6 time Scottish Six Day Champion ISDT gold medalist etc etc was stunned by the scenery (but not the hardened cow hoof printed terrain since Mick is over sixty) and the relaxed friendly country. The old timers will remember Mick as the man who made Ossa trials bike world dominators and then develop the twin shock TY yamaha range in the 70's. He's a hell of a nice bloke with endless stories to tell about Europe and the United Kingdom :worship:

Last edited:

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
just have to kick myself for wrong you tube address which i have now fixed and checked. This is only a fraction of the 800 or so kilometers riding but gives an idea of half the terrain types

Top Bottom