What about the "Big" Stepup?

• I know I can clear the big stepup this year, I'm better (yeah right Gomer)

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • I will try to clear the "big" stepup

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • I'm not even going to try to clear, lucky if I make it up

Votes: 20 40.8%
  • I'll just go around the thing

Votes: 6 12.2%

• Total voters

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
It seemed harder this year due to all of the bumps leading up to it, but I only really got to ride on Thursday and I believe he cleaned it up some after that.  Brian got some pictures of it and I know I had to look like a goon every time...nose high and feet floating off the pegs, but I did have the right wrist twisted. :confused:

The first tabletop was easier than I expected. I don't think it was as steep this year as it was last year.

The rythm section looked intimidating, buit after watching Ike double the first set in both 1st and 2nd gear (he frequently does seat bouncing in 1st gear to show the utility of it) I decided to do it.

Sadly, I only got in a half day of decent riding. :( Wednesday afternoon was sloppy and I crashed out Thursday.

dead

Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Apr 28, 2003
I was close a few times. After a nice crash on the step up right after the 'big un' I decided to take it easy the rest of the week. If I had knee pads and a MX bike I would have tried till I got it.

CRPilot

~SPONSOR~
Apr 5, 2000
I was pretty happy that having never seen the track before, I cleared the big step up on my fifth lap. I did like the track for the reason that most of the jumps were table tops and you could work your way up without fear of planting yourself into the face of a double. Challenging, yet safe. Next year I will pace myself a bit better. This year after riding Tues, Wed, Thurs, Friday, I was flat out spent for the races on Saturday.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
The big stepup was ok, although when I was on the track it was so rough leading up to it that the CR250 needed much throttle in 4th to clear it.  My favorite jump was probably the smaller step up after it.  On the KX100, it took maximum throttle to get on the back side, with an on-so-smooth landing!  There something about just holding it wide open and letting the laws of physics handle the rest...I love it!

There was a short table on the small track with a very steep takeoff and landing, and a tight right hander afterwards...that ruled as well.  You could let the front end drop WAY down due to the steep angle of the down ramp!

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
16965eric_big_stepup.jpg

Thekid's goal was to get the stepup down this year. Moving form the 125 to a 250f the biggest problem he had was overjumping it

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
Did anybody get any pictures of the guy on the KTM 125 (#6) doing heelclickers over it? That was pretty cool looking.

Top Bottom