The knee protection in motocrossed?

stormer94

~SPONSOR~
May 30, 2001
I enjoyed watching the show with my kids. :)

What I want to know is who made the shin/knee guards she strapped on? Man they looked big and comfy!!!

I've been looking at the asterisk braces but can't help but think that 1" of foam between my leg and a rock has to be even nicer yet.

Any ideas anybody?

blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
Nov 3, 2000
I used knee pads for a while, they help grip the bike some, but when you fall it is usually a direct hit and it still hurts... a lot. I still got bruises with knee pads, and they didn't even cover my whole knee area and lucky me, I would most likely get hit where the knee pad wasn't.

Since I got my asterisks, I haven't had a brusie, cut, or sore, on my knees. When I hit the ground the impact is spread througout the whole brace so that I don't feel anything hardly. I've fallen in some pretty tough stuff, and gotten up everytime thanks to my knee braces. I wouldn't trade them for anything. :)

TrackMaster

Mar 15, 2001
Im sure the asterisks are 100 times better than knee pads, but for us cheap guys, knee pads will work.:)

But seriously, she strapped on a pair of HRP Flak gaurds. I think im gonna get a pair after scraping the crap out of my knees last weekend.:o They look like they have more protection than my brothers Thor pads.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I don't remember the movie but I have--had--the HRP guards. They are VERY big and comfy. I will now wear braces instead but those were the best guards I ever had--you hardly knew they were there.

stormer94

~SPONSOR~
May 30, 2001
I'm for the braces, because my last two injuries were related to twisting, not impact. So the Asterisk would be the hot setup.

The motocrossed show was a Disney exclusive thingy. Although not technically accurate in a lot of areas, if you're a gearhead, it will get you through a lonely day of NOT riding... :)

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I did get to watch the movie, just don't remember her knee guards. It was actually a pretty cool movie. I think they did an ok job compared to how some movies butcher the sport. Can you imagine how race car drivers probably felt about Driven?

Matt_H

Sep 13, 2001
I never got to see the movie, and have heard great things about it, does anyone know when it will be back on? or anything for that matter on watching it i sure would love to see it.

Matt

stormer94

~SPONSOR~
May 30, 2001
Matt...

Geez, I think it's on almost all the time, I bet I've seen it maybe a dozen times. Just keep an eye on the Disney channel. ;)

Jan 3, 2001
Ive got em

Ive got the HRP guards and I really like them. They are comfortable and when riding I dont even notice I have them on. There are many tmes I have gone down and was very thankful I had the knee pads on

YZr1der

Aug 17, 2001
when they first started running it, it was on all the time. but this was the first time it had been on in two months, trust me, i had been waiting to tape it so i could watch it when i can't go riding:)

ohio rider

Nov 8, 2001
Opt for the asterisk braces stormer. Got mine 3 weeks ago and love them, unfortunately I waited till I partially tore a ligament in my left knee due to a twisting injury. Blackhawk 468 has a good post on knee impact being spread out also. After riding for 28 yrs. and no injuries my luck finally ran out.
Just BUY them. Good luck

mxneagle

Jan 7, 2001
I'm for the braces, because my last two injuries were related to twisting, not impact.
No brace around will help to prevent a twisting type of knee injury! Knee braces will help with lateral and hyper-extension type of injuries. Even that is debated by the orthopedic folks but I wear my CTI2's religously. Rather say I had them on than I WISH I had them on.

Top Bottom