THE MAN WHO DISCOVERED AMERICAN MOTOCROSS: LARS LARSSON SPEAKS

• Thread starter Motocross Action Magazine
  • Start date

Motocross Action Magazine

THE MAN WHO DISCOVERED AMERICAN MOTOCROSS: LARS LARSSON SPEAKS

On Jul 26, 2018
Last updated Jul 26, 2018

Hakan Andersson (left), Torsten Hallman, Christer Hammargren, Arne Kring, Bengt Aberg, Lars Larsson and Gunnar Lindstrom were the power elite in 1971.

By Jean Turner

YOU WERE THE FIRST GRAND PRIX RACER TO MOVE TO AMERICA. HOW DID THAT COME ABOUT? At first I didn’t know anything about Husqvarna’s plans. My buddies kept telling me, “Hey, I heard you’re going to America.” I didn’t know what they were talking about, so I asked where they heard that rumor. They said, “Torsten Hallman told us.” So, at the next round of the Swedish Championship, I walked up to Torsten and said, “Excuse me, but they’re saying that I’m going to America.” Torsten looked shocked and said, “Oh my, I guess I forgot to tell you!”

TORSTEN HAD COME TO THE USA EARLIER THAT YEAR? Torsten had come to America in 1966, and Husqvarna importer Edison Dye had asked Torsten if he knew somebody that would come to the United States to represent the brand. Torsten suggested me. Eventually, Husqvarna asked me if I was interested and I said, “Oh, sure.” I met Edison Dye, Rubin…

Continues at the source..

Check DirtRider.Net for the latest MotoNews, gear reviews, How-To videos and much more.

Get your moto gear at Rocky Mountain