They call these Fireworks?!!!

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Fireworks have been illegal in RI for as long as I can remember.

The legislature in their infinite wisdom has deemed us worthy of some level of consumer fireworks, and through that wisdom passed a bill into law granting us the privilege of purchasing. . .

wait for it!

sparklers

ooooooooOOOOooooooooooooh!!!!

:bang: :bang: :bang: :pissed:

So glad they are here to save me from myself. :|

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Keith, It's not the RI doens't want you to have fireworks, it's just that it's too easy for them to stray into the neighboring states when you shoot them off. With sparklers you have to take 2 or 3 steps for them to get into another state :nener: :laugh:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
LMAO RM Guy!

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
RM_guy said:
Keith, It's not the RI doens't want you to have fireworks, it's just that it's too easy for them to stray into the neighboring states when you shoot them off. With sparklers you have to take 2 or 3 steps for them to get into another state :nener: :laugh:
yEP THAT IS FUNNY RIGHT THERE NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE!!! GET ER DONE :laugh: :laugh:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Papakeith said:
and through that wisdom passed a bill into law granting us the privilege of purchasing. . .

wait for it!

sparklers

No, no, no... you can buy any fireworks as long as (this is a direct quote from an article in the Providence Journal) "...if it hisses, crackles or sparkles, it’s OK; if it goes boom, bang or soars, it is not..."

So you can get those little snake thingy's too...

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
squeaky said:

... but you have Rooster in-house so you don't need any. :whoa:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
WOW! Do they let you hit rolls of caps with a hammer on the sidewalk?

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Ouch. Ribs hurt.

Yeah Patman, and we can heat up flints from our bic lighters and smash them too! (bonus)

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
squeaky said:
No, no, no... you can buy any fireworks as long as (this is a direct quote from an article in the Providence Journal) "...if it hisses, crackles or sparkles, it’s OK; if it goes boom, bang or soars, it is not..."

what if it whistles? or just smokes?? or the very special ........stink bomb

for the record the BEST fireworks go KA-BOOOOOM! in which do not appear to be banned :ride:

Solid State

Mar 9, 2001
squeaky said:

So you can't even buy those plastic bottle things that bang when you pull the string and shoot out confetti? Or maybe thats officially a "pop" but then again the confetti does soar.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
So what does this really do for the issue of safety and fire hazards? I suppose the self important douchebags on the hill decided that if they give us some cute little amusements, we won't go out of state and buy the dangerous (fun) stuff. Now we get to keep all of our fingers and the state won't be on fire! Brilliant! And it works people. It really does. Since the pacifiers hit the shelves in every store in the state, I haven't heard, nor seen a single mid-grade or better firework ... yeah, RIGHT. Let us not forget that the children will now be safe as well. Well done, Rhode Island! I'm heading to PA for the weekend, they have things that boom, bang and soar. They also have places to ride your dirt bike ... LEGALLY. I may take a look at the real estate market while I'm there. :think:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Banning fireworks has put a kink into natural selection. Folks have to be much more inventive to win Darwin awards anymore. ;)

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
Got one for you here in Wisconsin...went to go get some fireworks at one of the trailers set up to sell them. When I went to pay they told me I had to buy a permit (as required by the township I guess). Cost for the permit...3 bucks. No biggie, I get the paperwork and fill it out...then I notice the clause that states that I HAVE to shoot the fireworks off on...drumroll please...July 10th at the location where I purchased the fireworks...yup...right at that awesome firworks retail trailer.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Geesh down here I believe a 12 year old can go buy most anything they sell.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Wolf, you do not really have to go back the 10th. Its a technicality/legal disclaimer. Indiana has sold them for quite sometime now, and still illegal to light them off here???Pennsylvania has cheap land for sale I hear, eh?

SZKIRM125

Jun 10, 2010
In PA consumer grade fireworks like bottle rockets and M80's are illegal. For little kids sparklers are fun but i want the good stuff.

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Phantom Fireworks has the good stuff. We head up there each year and load up. Pretty sure Breezewood is still in PA.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
funny thing you guys mentioned sparklers. Kids (and some adults) are figuring out a way to make them a bit more exciting with some modification. There was a thread about this on another forum, complete with detailed instructions. Myself and others commented "you might want to be careful/that looks like a bad idea". The next day I logged on and one of the members' kids got hurt by a related explosion, complete with video. Hate to be that "I told ya so" guy...

P.S. please never use a sparkler as a fuse for another firework

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
Two words; "sparkler bomb"

Top Bottom