Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Why do they sell towels that onoly work on one side?
Why big towels are folded in thirds ....
Face towels in thirds long ways ...
and kitchen towels in halves?

One I forgot to add ...
Why do New Englanders call them rounders and Texans call them traffic circles? Our name at least describes who, what, when, where and why!

Last edited:

momstheboss

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2003
Originally posted by Tony Eeds
Why do they sell towels that onoly work on one side?
Why big towels are folded in thirds ....
Face towels in thirds long ways ...
and kitchen towels in halves?

One I forgot to add ...
Why do New Englanders call them rounders and Texans call them traffic circles? Our name at least describes who, what, when, where and why!

I'm a New Englander and I've never heard them called either one - I live a sheltered life! :silly:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Don't go to the Cape from Bean Town ... You will have to use one unless they have turned the road into a freeway since 1985.

BTW - do you know anything about the towels mystery?
Folding towels in thirds was a life and death issue with my X.

bluerider125

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2002
Originally posted by geremacheks
Sorry, but I think it was Cain Stap Poopin who invented the first, free flowing, (water saving) toilet, and later changed his name to Kohler.

hey... "cain stap poopin" sonds like "cain't stop poopin'!"

don't mind me, i know i'm slow... :confused:

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
I saw this on the way home from the race today;

KAOS Extreme Golf Wear ........LMAO......... extreme golf !!!! I can see it now pro golfers with Tats, golf carts with the fenders cut short and handholds in the body.............. This is going to be cool stuff :aj:

Last edited:

geremacheks

~SPONSOR~
Feb 14, 2002
It may become extreme when the mosquitos come out...or when it rains....or when they smudge their shorts looking for ball in the rough.... oh, well, back to my extreme marble game.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
It may become extreme when the mosquitos come out...
:)

Let's not forget the local public service announcement ".....don't leave small children and animals outside....."

Just one of the many weird but true things about Maine.

There is actually a place called the "Enchanted Townships" and a heck of a campfire story to go with it. :eek:

geremacheks

~SPONSOR~
Feb 14, 2002
Tony---THOSE TOWELS----Go right now to the towel drawers, rip them out and toss them into the air. Now refold them anyway you want. Roll them in balls for that matter. It really doesn't make much difference in the big scheme of things. Refuse to let anybody shape your life in any way--especially an X. ;)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Tony---THOSE TOWELS----Go right now to the towel drawers, rip them out and toss them into the air. Now refold them anyway you want. Roll them in balls for that matter. It really doesn't make much difference in the big scheme of things. Refuse to let anybody shape your life in any way--especially an X. ;)

geremacheks - Believe me, she didn't then and doesn't now. I just wondered about them. I simply walked away from any chore that didn't allow for compromise from BOTH sides ... for that matter I still do.

BTW - She only left me with three towels, so I just leave them out. :thumb:

momstheboss

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2003
Don't go to the Cape from Bean Town ... You will have to use one unless they have turned the road into a freeway since 1985.

OK - the Cape is still the same - except we call it a rotary - which actually makes sense too. As far as the towel mystery I think your ex has OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder) because folding towels is the last thing in the world anyone should be worrying about! ;)

BTW - do you know anything about the towels mystery?
Folding towels in thirds was a life and death issue with my X.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Hee Hee, I know my X had OCD. She spent many days and nights trying to torment me with her various personalities. Her new hubby is in for a surprise, unless I am wrong or he is blind.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
About all that she left me with was the skin on my back and the ability to laugh at the world. She would have taken those, but she couldn't put a value on them.
We separated, filed for divorce and I quit my job I had had for 12 1/2 years and went into business for myself all in a 3 month period. Boy, did I grow through those challenges.
I laugh every time I fold a towel, clean a toilet or vacuum a floor my way.
Life is Great!! :yeehaw:

Fmx

Jan 4, 2003
Originally posted by IrishEKU
:)

Let's not forget the local public service announcement ".....don't leave small children and animals outside....."

Just one of the many weird but true things about Maine.

There is actually a place called the "Enchanted Townships" and a heck of a campfire story to go with it. :eek:

thats odd i live in maine and havent heard about that...must be way out east...or out west where the towns are called A-3 and the population signs are changed as soon as u step out of the town line

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by Fmx

thats odd i live in maine and havent heard about that...must be way out east...or out west where the towns are called A-3 and the population signs are changed as soon as u step out of the town line
Pull out that handy map book and flip it open to the Jackman area. Follow Route 201? north for a bit and look at the areas around Hardscrabble pond. The whole area is pretty much owned or was by GP paper. There are two neighboring Townships that border Hardscrabble mountain named "Enchanted."

As for the story go to your local library and check out books on Maine Lore, it should be in there.

As for the public service announcement that's an old one and I'm not supprised you haven't heard of it. It was sort of a joke on real events that occured in the 40's or so. There is an area called "Mosquito Creek" that supposedly was so thick with them that small animals where said to be found near death from lack of blood. :confused:

momstheboss

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2003
About all that she left me with was the skin on my back and the ability to laugh at the world. She would have taken those, but she couldn't put a value on them.
We separated, filed for divorce and I quit my job I had had for 12 1/2 years and went into business for myself all in a 3 month period. Boy, did I grow through those challenges.
I laugh every time I fold a towel, clean a toilet or vacuum a floor my way.
Life is Great!! :yeehaw:

Good for you! It's nice when you can look back on a bad relationship and say ha ha bet you thought I couldn't make it on my own! Trust me i've been there!

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Another thing to confuse you;

WHY !! are Beer Nuts always over a dollar and deer nuts are always under a buck :think:

geremacheks

~SPONSOR~
Feb 14, 2002
:worship: Ha, Ha, Ha,........hey, if it will help any, I know where you can get ............doe-nuts........ at a discount. :debil:

Last edited:

geremacheks

~SPONSOR~
Feb 14, 2002
Quote: "Why are beer nuts always over a dollar, and deer nuts are always under a buck."

Some hunters are thinking: "Not necessarily on a dead buck."

Bandit9

Jul 14, 2002
How a hobby like dirt bikes and racing can ruin you financially and it doesn't bother you to keep doing it! I must have that steering damper!

Top Bottom