Think I finaly went over the edge

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
After 5 years as president at the Waco Eagles MC Club I finally hit my boiling point last month. I've spent several evenings and many nights out at the track over the years trying to make it a better place for everyone.
Pardon me while I fill in the details.
Me and a couple of other (uncompensated members) park our land yachts at the track pretty much on a perminant basis. Just makes it easier because we are out there working late at night and so forth. A couple of years ago I got the bright idea that if I planted grass in front of the RV it would help keep the dirt and mud out a little better. I mow and water religiously and in fact it probably looks better that my yard at home.
Last month at the races I had made a trip up to the dumpster to empty some barrels. As I returned to my RV I find a Hyunda parked in the grass up next to the door of my RV. There is almost 80 acres to park but some yahoo figures my grass is the most appropriate parking spot on the property. For what ever reason it sparked me off!
I get on the PA and announce that who ever has their car parked needs to please move it. 10 minutes and I make a 2nd announcement. The gate person and the race director follow suit and announce it several more time. All of a sudden I get on the PA and announce that they have 5 minutes to move it or I will move it for them. 5 minutes pass and I get on the tractor and proceed to lift the front end of the car off the ground and start to move it when the owner makes a mad dash over.
The owner agrees to move it but I can't for the life of me figure out why it pissed me off so bad. I also can't figure out why some people are so inconsiderate.

Have I gone over the edge?

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Thier disreguard for your personal space and hours of labor is what pissed you off. It's normal, you're douchebag tolerance must be getting weaker?

I'd have just grabbed the tractor, moved it back off the grass and stuck a couple blocks under the front end to mess with them........you were easy on them.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Going over the edge would have been sticking fork lift blades through the front door, lifting it up and dropping it in a deep creek. You're good on this one Jeff. ;)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Rich Rohrich said:
Going over the edge would have been sticking fork lift blades through the front door, lifting it up and dropping it in a deep creek. You're good on this one Jeff. ;)

Exactly! :cool:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Jeff Gilbert said:
The owner agrees to move it but I can't for the life of me figure out why it pissed me off so bad. I also can't figure out why some people are so inconsiderate.?

Some people are just special. :coocoo:

Don't worry Jeff. The older we get, the less patience we have for those types of people.

I love to screw with people like that, ;)

There is a guy that goes to a market that I go to that parks his big-azz, jacked-up truck, in the drive-thru lane right in front of the market. He drops his wife off and sits there with his windows rolled down playing rap music so everyone can hear it. Everyone has to drive around this jerk and it causes traffic jams in front of the store. Of course, he doesn't care because he's a bad guy and has the Tap-Out stickers on his truck to prove it.

One day when I was in the store he was parked out front annoying everyone that walked by and 'somehow' ;) (I'm not talking), one of the shopping carts became dislodged from the rest and started down the slope towards the guys truck. He didn't see it coming until it was about 10 feet from his truck and then he panicked and tried to get out of his truck to stop it. He got tangled up in his seat belt and literally fell out of the truck on his face and forearms. The guy got up and wiped himself off and went around to inspect the damage from the cart. The damage to his ego was much worse than any damage to his truck and I stood in front of the store with a couple of other people laughing our butts off.

Haven't seen him park there in months. :laugh:

Last edited:

SS109

Jul 27, 2009
Hell, after all the announcements you made I would have had the damn thing towed off! So, no, you didn't go over the edge IMO. You are good to go! :cool:

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
i would have went stealth on him and swapped #1 and #4 plug wires and waited til he tried to leave for some extra curricular entertainment while reminding him i might have considered helping him if he would have considered my space

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
You exhibited far more patience than I ever would have, Jeff. Far more than I ever have, for that matter. When Mr. Douchington ran over to move his rig after you hooked it to the tractor, I'd have probably kept moving it, noting that I couldn't hear the guy's voice over the noise of the tractor, then had a fine little conversation with him afterward.

I'm mad just reading about it!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
It kills me to view people, that can not take what they dish out/narrow minded. I could imagine the story the dolt that parked on Jeff's grass told, and the bozo in the big truck too! One of these days, I may go walking around the mall with MY underwear hanging out, and my pants near the ground? Not with out drinking again, a really lot!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
oldguy said:
Jeff agreed you were way to easy on the guy

plus yet another one ... not even near the edge

I know where the edge is ... we went over it ...

20 odd half drunk Cowboy fans picked up an old Chevy impala at a game that had parked cockeyed so his car would not get hit. He thought he was parking across two places, while actually he he parked in a cross aisle.

It was surprising how light the car actually was and I bet he was surprised to find the car about 50 feet from where he parked it. Everything inside was probably in disarray because we dropped it and it bounced at least once or twice. He was probably doubly surprised when he discovered that both of his headlights had been kicked in by one especially mad fan.

clearly past the edge ...

On another note, My son Jeff is down there next week setting the beams for the loop across I35. Be watching for him.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Jeff you did them a favor, most everyone else would have done as Rich said. :cool:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Ol'89r said:
Some people are just special.

Don't worry Jeff. The older we get, the less patience we have for those types of people.

I love to screw with people like that,

There is a guy that goes to a market that I go to that parks his big-azz, jacked-up truck, in the drive-thru lane right in front of the market. He drops his wife off and sits there with his windows rolled down playing rap music so everyone can hear it. Everyone has to drive around this jerk and it causes traffic jams in front of the store. Of course, he doesn't care because he's a bad guy and has the Tap-Out stickers on his truck to prove it.

One day when I was in the store he was parked out front annoying everyone that walked by and 'somehow' ;) (I'm not talking), one of the shopping carts became dislodged from the rest and started down the slope towards the guys truck. He didn't see it coming until it was about 10 feet from his truck and then he panicked and tried to get out of his truck to stop it. He got tangled up in his seat belt and literally fell out of the truck on his face and forearms. The guy got up and wiped himself off and went around to inspect the damage from the cart. The damage to his ego was much worse than any damage to his truck and I stood in front of the store with a couple of other people laughing our butts off.

Haven't seen him park there in months. :laugh:
Hey Jack, the damage was worse than you thought. So you're the A-hole that did that to my truck. Just wait until I see you again and you'll be laughing through a tube. And what's wrong with my Rap music? Everyone deserves to be enlightened with my bad choice in entertainment. Go bite yourself.

:nener: :nener: :laugh:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
RM_guy said:
Hey Jack, the damage was worse than you thought. So you're the A-hole that did that to my truck. Just wait until I see you again and you'll be laughing through a tube. And what's wrong with my Rap music? Everyone deserves to be enlightened with my bad choice in entertainment. Go bite yourself.
:nener: :nener: :laugh:

:rotfl: I wish I could take credit for pushing the cart RM_guy but, it was actually a couple of kids playing with the carts that got it started. I could have easily stopped it but when I saw the angle of trajectory, I opted not to. Sometimes, the moon and all the stars line up to prouce the perfect situation and I thought, 'who am I to interfere with the ultimate destiny of an out-of-control shopping cart?' ;)

The funny part was the guy's reaction. The cart hit a chrome step bar on the side of his truck and since the cart had plastic bumpers on the edges it didn't do any damage to his truck. On the other hand, the damage he did to himself while trying to get out of his truck in time was classic. He was holding his bloody elbow when he came around to inspect the side of his truck and didn't look very happy. I gave him a big smile when I walked to my truck and he still didn't look very happy.

I would have liked to see him explain to his wife how he got so beat up while just sitting in his truck.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Karma's a bitch and sometimes everything works out the way it should. These moments should be celebrated. :laugh:

pumphog

Feb 12, 2010
The mistake you made was waiting ten minutes and making a second announcement. At ten minutes I would have wrapped a chain around something solid and moved it. Period! People like that need to be SHOWN how things really are!!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Jeff you were WAY more easy going than me. Go Walt Kowalski on them buddy!!!

Top Bottom