Votes: 7 3.6%
  • Screw it together Doc!!!!!

Votes: 17 8.6%
  • I don't know, I'm still on Percoset

Votes: 30 15.2%

• Total voters

Imathorp

Dec 29, 2003
mine had a malunion and was putting pressure on my brachial nerve causing tingling and numbness in my fingers and wrist. after two weeks, i went under the knife. the first thing i said when i woke up was "the tingling is gone" and thank god for that too! it was driving me crazy.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I went under the knife and they put it back together crooked! The crookedness causes pain if I brush it up against anything, usually one of my kids heads hit it when I carry them. The surgery was last September 2004. I have an appointment to see another Dr. Oct. 25th to ask that they fix the bad misalignment.

What pisses me off is that some dude took me clean out in a race and broke it (not my fault). Then the Dr. put it together crooked (not my fault). Now I have to go and get it done again and pay for it again.

03yz

Feb 24, 2006
hey, it was first practise, first lap at local club practise under lights, was 3rd, went 2 seatbounce tabletop, over the bars, landed on my right shoulder. i got up and rode back 2 the pits n then went to hospital the next day. massive break needed surgery, so they put 2 metal pins in my right collar bone which are sticking up under the skin and looks like they might poke through. i also strained the joint and tore the tendons so there goes half of my season. but the pins come out in 2 weeks and then another sling and then physio

mg89

Mar 11, 2006
MikeT said:
I went under the knife and they put it back together crooked! The crookedness causes pain if I brush it up against anything, usually one of my kids heads hit it when I carry them. The surgery was last September 2004. I have an appointment to see another Dr. Oct. 25th to ask that they fix the bad misalignment.

What pisses me off is that some dude took me clean out in a race and broke it (not my fault). Then the Dr. put it together crooked (not my fault). Now I have to go and get it done again and pay for it again.

That Sucks

RedRacer1137

Aug 31, 2006
Well mine healed at an angle so yeah its weird. After it healed I went to a friends and bench pressed well ****...... My left arm could do it but my right wouldnt even do 50pounds!!!!!! The Doc said you can take of the sling and backbrace and it will heal fine but he was wrong. So im kinda pissed but im yound so maybe it go back to normal but for now im getting very tired whiled riding.

It kinda feels like my collarbone is going to pop out of my skin when im pushing my bike or picking it up. Maybe if should stop laying it over but kinda hard to keep at fast pace without laying it over when you just started this year lol.

Coloner_Dre

Feb 8, 2006
I am another collar bone victim and am in the healing process, right now i got full movement but still cannot lift nething to heavy. I cannot ride yet but i put around the house on the buike just to get my fix. I broke my into three pieces by caseing a table top went over the abrs and my should drove into the ground. The nurse said "This is the worst clavical break ive ever seen" yeah i got that bragging right weuu but i wanna ride real bad and just two days ago my buddy broke his leg in two spots at a race at southwick.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Coloner_Dre said:
I am another collar bone victim and am in the healing process, right now i got full movement but still cannot lift nething to heavy.
Don't even try it. It is better just to totally lay off it so you won't have any setbacks.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
shoplifter5 said:
i ripped my collorbone from my shoulder
That hurts just thinking about it... What do you mean by "ripped"? Really, you have to give us a better discription. :yikes:

wirefryer#85

May 26, 2006
I just joined the club 2 days ago, racing a hare scramble on a borrowed CR250, the front brake slam locked on a rocky downhill, bike landed on my head and drove it into my left shoulder.

I didn't think anything was broke but the EMT suspected a seperated shoulder. X-Rays showed the clavicle in 4 pieces.

The ortho has me in this figure 8 gizmo for a week and then a decision will be made on surgery, something I'd just as soon skip.

What sucks is my job involves 'curling' 20-40lb steel parts all day long and my left arm does the lions share of the physical work.

At least the Mrs. didn't finish me off when I got home :pissed:

roscoe211

Dec 10, 2006
I've broken both colar bones. Broke the right one when i was 9 playing around on stairs and tumbling down then, ended up upside down with my right shoulder on the edge of a step. Broke the left one 3 weeks ago snowboarding, going pretty fast, fell straight on the left shoulder and the compression snapped it in half, heard the CRACK! and knew right away what was up. Lots of pain an vikes for the first week, after week 1 the pain was gone completely. Now it just reminds me if I try to lift anything heavy. I have about 90% ROM and what feels like a huge lump since the bones are not aligned properly. I still have a small lump on the right side, but virtually unnoticable. The worst part is I bought a season pass the same day I broke it and i won't be able to use it again until end of Jan/beginning of Feb. :bang:

KX250Dad

Dec 4, 2006
Shattered mine 2 seasons back. For two months the doc said all was going fine and I kept saying I don't think so. On my last visit she was ready to "release me" with an all fine and dandy... when I pushed my finger half way into my chest she mumbled someting... and quickly sent me down the hall to the cutter. The old fart was pretty cool, measured the distance left then the distance right and informed me not only didn't anything heal my right shoulder was attempting to drawing inwardly and I already lost a 1/2" in length. Screws, plate and a piece of my leg are now the new bone. Really pissed at the original doc... all that time I was telling her "it ain't right" guess that's what happens when your doctor's an ex Thor girl you lose focus during the visit. Bottom line... get that itch and an occassional mild burn but the range of movement in my right shoulder far exceeds that of the "good" left. Truth be known, kind of wish I'd break the other side... but I don't know if I could handle the pain a second time around. Moral of the story... don't get a crush on your doctor.

04CR125

Apr 10, 2008
my collarbone.

your lucky you didn't get a plate, cause if you ride with a plate and fall on your collarbone the plate can go into your neck and kill you.

i had a full seperation on right clavicle and i had a natural healing and its fine. it tingles alittle bit but its cool. and i have a small bump wherei broke it. still healing though!!! 3 months down. but what sucks is i also shattered 3 bones in my foot. :-(

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I hate this thread..... It is painful every time I think of it!

Eddels509

Nov 16, 2009
i personally haven't been ''lucky'' enough to join your guys's club. but my dad sure has. He tried the heal naturally thing...it didnt work and he finally decided to go through with surgery 3 years later..it was horrible the bone had i think it was an 8mm gap. but the surgery didn't go the greatest they tried bone from the hip. it broke. they tried titanium..it broke so they tried it a second time..still broke. he's on his third plate. this one has held long than any of the other one's. but now he has weird bubble type things that don't have puss just body fluids and the docs say the fluid is "normal". i think they're crazy. so i'd say go to the doc get the surgery etc. asap. theres my .02

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
when mine broke I also got stabbed by the bars and broke 1 rib outwards so have a bump at the end of one floating rib and a bump where collarbone overlaps. 6 years on I can sleep on either side and only notice a slightly lower shoulder in the mirror. The bump is right wher my back psck strap crosses so it rubs when I carry heavy stuff. The rib took 3 days to hurt more than the collarbone and then got worse every day for 3 weeks before it seemed to ease (or I got used to it)

Top Bottom