Tips for rebuilding and mods for a Yamaha WR200

Junyah_Rebel

Mar 14, 2010
Greetings,
Am hoping that all you seasoned WR200 riders out there would be willing to share ideas, experiences and tips on mods for a WR200.

Am rebuilding mine, looking for info about stuff like a big-bore kit, aftermarket parts like frame guards, carbs, etc.. or parts from other Yamahas that would fit perfectly on a WR200

All input is most appreciated. :nod:
Cheers!

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
i have do some repairing in a dt200r model and from what i seen, engine is pretty much the same. funny part is, the engine share most of its components with the dt125r model.
that engine is not very fast but it is very smooth indeed, if you are in need of extra power maybe a wise move to get a 250.

hope this helps...

Junyah_Rebel

Mar 14, 2010
Hey thanks for the info.
I have no intention of getting a 250. I'd rather just big-bore my WR200. She's a 2-stroke that behaves jsut like a 4-stroke. I love the performance she gives me. :)
I also own a big-bored (450cc) Honda XR4. Just so caught up with the whole idea of big-bores. ;)

doamono

Jun 10, 2010
i used to have a wr200, you would have to search the net for a big bore kit for it. but i doubt theres one available. if u want more power, things you can do are,get an aftermarket pipe, polish the exhaust port, get the squish clearance reduced, match the ports to the cases. anything that will improve flow. i like to file the splitter in the centre of my reed block to a knife edge. all these things add up to quite a noticable difference. and it wont kill off any of your bottom end power.

Top Bottom