Acblind

Aug 21, 2010
It's that time again where i'm in the need of new tires for the bike. What type of tires are people running?
I ride mostly trial stuff where there's an abundance of new england mud, dirt and rocks. Ideally i would like to get both a front and rear set for under $100.

What would you recomend?
Where's a good place to buy them?

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I've had good luck in New England using either the Maxxis desert IT or the IRC M5B on the rear. Good wear and good handling. Neither are probably going to be found for under 70$ though.

denbsteph

Mar 9, 2009
Tires have taken a tremendous jump in $$ since January, you might find the rough going for a set under $100.00. If you do, let me know where you found them and what type you got. I'm looking at the MT43 for the rear and a Scorpion Extra for the front.

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
dirt bike dave said:
Spend a little more and go with the Michelin S-12, front and rear.

$ for life this is about as good as it gets imo but make sure you fit a 130 on the rear. these tyres are measured/ sized different. a 120 is the smallest and will chunk and 140 the widest. They also seem to keep a sharp edge and stick to all terrain and handle low pressure abuse. No I don't work for michelin, I pay for these tyres happily

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
Trials tire out back. MT43 or D803 are good choices. Then you don't need to buy another one for 2-3 years, and the grip is better than any knobby tire in 90% of conditions. For the front, the S-12 is an excellent choice.

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
Michelin S-12 front and rear best all around tire and last pretty well. Good luck finding a set of anything for $100 or less. But if you do please share with us.

Acblind

Aug 21, 2010
Thanks, for all the input. I found THIS site which has a bunch of tires on sale. None of them seem to work for me but I thought I would just pass it on.

EYY

May 22, 2010
Michelin S-12's for me too. They last well, although i've found a the combination of an S-12 front with an M-12 rear to suit my riding conditions and style better, also lasting longer than an S-12 rear.

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
last year around this time cyclegear had closeout pricing on d745's. nice tire, I bought several at $39 front and $49 rear, though on my kdx it is d803 rear and d745 front you might check and see if there are any leftover.

Top Bottom