TM-Frank

Dec 15, 2000
I don't know anything about Gas-Gas's progress with their fourstrokes, but for the TM I can say that I will believe it when I see it. The former importer for Germany told me just two months ago that the boss of TM hasn't yet decided wether to build fourstrokes at all or not. As far as I know they have only a handfull of pretty crude prototypes that are actually running. These bikes are transported from one motorshow to the next, but no significant progress is to be seen on the project.

Frank

Doc

Two-Stroke Nut
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 9, 2000
At the Indy show, both the TM and GG 4-pokes were carburated. Fuel Injection is a trickey thing to get right. Optimum has been working for quite a while on thier system for the YZF and have just now got a top notch system ready. I applaud TM ,GG, and Optimum for not putting out un-developed garbage. Either use a carb or get injection right. We don't need a crappy injected bike out there giving injection the same image as GM gave automotive diesels. I think the best move for the OEMs would be to use the optimum system if they want to offer injection.

Doc

jimmyyounger

Aug 28, 2000
Saw the Gas-Gas at Indy,was very impressed.I asked a few questions,the 4stroke will be avaible as a 250 or 400 with both electric and kick start at a price of between 7500&7900$,should be on sale late summer or fall

------------------
96 Husaberg FE501EE
98 KDX220

bud

Jun 29, 1999
That can't be the real Josh Cook ..... or has hell frozen over? Doubting the offical words of GG now??
smile.gif

GlennP

Jun 6, 2000
I don't think they can afford to get it wrong by pushing the release, and are playing it very conservative. A major recall and/or bad rep for the bike could do a lot of damage to a small company.

Glenn
'00 GasGas XC250

Jul 16, 2000
Tm production is proceeding slowly but it's proceeding,they are testing the bike very carefully before throwing it into the market: consider that andrea Cabass has riden the entire world championship and the the last 6 days on a TM400, finishing an overall 4 in the 400 4stroke class.
Giuseppe

Top Bottom