duncanstives

Sep 11, 2009
The time is coming for reassembly. No manual but everything on disassembly was pretty simple so I figure how can I go wrong?

That said I am looking the avoid gotchas like what I did during dissasembly (breaking the nut off the power valve). So far the only thing I am not sure about is getting the air out of the radiator hoses after reassembly.... What else to watch out for?

Thanks.

EDIT: Oh yeah... Forgot to ask: What do soak all the bits in to get carbon and gunk off (KIPS parts and stuff)? I have everything from water to ultrasonicly agitated, boiling, highly concentrated hydrofloric acid available... I am guessing water is too weak and too oxidizing and any kind of acid is probably out because of coatings.... Acetone? Toulene?

DBragg

Oct 31, 2005
duncanstives said:
The time is coming for reassembly. No manual but everything on disassembly was pretty simple so I figure how can I go wrong?

That said I am looking the avoid gotchas like what I did during dissasembly (breaking the nut off the power valve). So far the only thing I am not sure about is getting the air out of the radiator hoses after reassembly.... What else to watch out for?

Thanks.

EDIT: Oh yeah... Forgot to ask: What do soak all the bits in to get carbon and gunk off (KIPS parts and stuff)? I have everything from water to ultrasonicly agitated, boiling, highly concentrated hydrofloric acid available... I am guessing water is too weak and too oxidizing and any kind of acid is probably out because of coatings.... Acetone? Toulene?

Just did the top end on my 220. If you have a brass wheel brush that you can put in your drill, the KIPS stuff is pretty easy to clean up. No soak required.

Even if 2T's are easy to overhaul, a manual is a good idea. Just my .02

Happy wrenching.

motopsycho87

Dec 26, 2010
Any proper degreaser will do, even oven cleaner.

And with regards to the nut on the shaft, on mine, i just took the circlip off the end and rotated the shaft free, no need to undo the nut

Top Bottom