sal1902

Dec 6, 2012
im replacing the kick start sprocket and shift shaft. I need torque specs for the 27mm nut on the clutch basket and the five bolts with springs that hold the clutch.. thanks for any feedback. I was told the clutch cover and crankcase cover get torqued to 10ftlbs

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Considering I'm not a professional bike mechanic, take my advice with a few grains of salt.
As far as the covers, tighten the bolts so that they will not vibrate loose and there are no leaks, 3 finger torque with a short wrench. On the clutch, the basket nut should be a five finger torque with a medium length wrench. The preasure plate bolts 2-3 finger torque with a short wrench.
It has been 7-8 years since I had a clutch basket off, it "might be" a left handed thread. Maybe another member can jump in with more technical info and recent experience.
The last time I did a clutch was removing a Rekluse clutch from my 450 which I wish I would have put on my 250 two stroke. I did that install/removal without a torque wrench in about an hour without draining the oil.

Top Bottom