tarzan

Apr 4, 2000
Does anyone know if there is a video out there that teaches tips and techniques for trail riding?  Not racing, but trail riding only!  If there is one, where can I find and purchase it? Thanks.

bud

Jun 29, 1999
I doubt you'll find anything that will teach you how to trail ride, after all just about anyone besides amputees and paraplegics etc can throw a leg over a bike and chug the trails with no experience whatever. If you want to learn to trail ride at high speed or ride more difficult trails, then the mx instruction books and vids can help a lot. Most of the techniques, like body position, cornering, line selection and so on are the same. The book by Gary Semics is very informative and has tips on off road things like hillclimbs and log crossings as well as the "go fast at the track" stuff. I think he's done vids too.<p align=right>04-23-2000 :Edited

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
There IS a trail riding video.

Check out http://www.tazracing.com/video.htm
This is Gary Bailey's site. Price is $49.95.

Description: For anyone needing to know more about wheelies, uphills, downhills, ruts - most of the obstacles encountered on the trails plus body positioning and jumps. Also, some jump shots of David Bailey and Johnny O'Mara you won't believe.....

I have no idea what it's like but you can do a review of it in the review forum if you do decide to get it
wink.gif
Unless someone else has watched it already
smile.gif

Hope that helps - not sure if there are any others, there may be some UK ones but I can't find any sites from mx schools over there
frown.gif
- anyone have addresses???
Michelle

Hugebear

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 18, 2000
Also try www.msf-usa.org.&nbsp;&nbsp; This is the motorcycle safety foundation and they touch a couple of classes that teach trail skills.

------------------
'99 WR400F
'00 Hayabusa

"What did that red X mean?"

Hugebear

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 18, 2000
Whoops!&nbsp;&nbsp;touch=teach...

------------------
'99 WR400F
'00 Hayabusa

"What did that red X mean?"

Lastplace

Jan 4, 2000
Dick Burleson has 2; own them both 4 my sons, and they are profitable. Dirt Bike has 1, but it is not as instructional-oriented as the former.

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
re Dick Burleson videos - (from Moose off-road): The only place I know that has them is Thumper Racing, Inc.&nbsp;&nbsp;Their address is Thumper Racing, Inc., 604 South Washington, Marshall, Texas&nbsp;&nbsp;75670.&nbsp;&nbsp;Their phone number is (903)938-0570.&nbsp;&nbsp;I hope this helps and enjoy the videos!

If anyone does give them a call and finds out how much they are could they post it here - with the time difference they're closed when I've got time to phone them. Unless someone has a website for them, but all I've been able to find is the advert with phone & address.
Cheers
Michelle

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
The Gary Bailey one is worth a look - David and Johnny got sick air way before it was popular.

Rodzilla

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 21, 1999
To add to Kiwi's post, Super Hunky suggests the Gary Bailey video "How to trailride" at http://www.garybailey.com  it's a bit pricey though (around $50 if I remember correctly)

Rod

------------------
Peek a boo! Da big lizard is watchin' you!

<p align=right>04-26-2000 :Edited

penguin

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Feb 19, 2000
Thumper used to have a website but they shut it down.&nbsp;&nbsp;I guess they have all the business they want, it is inconvenient for those of us who work during the day to contact them, they do have some pretty neat stuff though.
I have seen the Dick Burleson tapes they are very informative, if you can find them. The Gary Bailey tape on trailriding is pretty good to.

Lastplace

Jan 4, 2000
I have an old Thumper catalog ('97; used to have a even older thumper: DR350), & the prices were:

$34 (Fundamentals)

$29(Advanced)

I bought both from Baja Designs for the same price last fall.

Top Bottom