RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
It is real beginner friendly with places to bypass the jumps you don't want to do.

In Appalachian, NY (Near Binghamton) there’s Jackson’s Pumpkin Farm. He has a track across the street that is beginner friendly too.

Z

Zipp0

Low Profile Places?

Are there any "low profile" places in Central PA? I can think of a few places in Perry County that you could probably ride with no trouble. I'm getting ready to buy my first off road or dual sport, so I'm starting to think about places to ride.

I do know a low profile area in Lycoming county. Never rode there, but know it is done.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
pyrofreak said:
Got a website for the pumpkin farm?
No website but I have a phone number (607)754-4819. I drove by his place yesterday and it still all snow covered (imagine that!!! :)) so don't expcet to ride soon!

Justin-12

Nov 28, 2008
Are there any good dirt bike trails around Collegeville, PA that has at least a thirty minute drive or less. I am thinking about buying a dirt bike if theres any good trails.

CR_Dave

Sponsoring Member
Mar 3, 2000
Trails, small motocross track, peewee track, camping.

www.majestictrails.com (Rew, PA), close to the New York border. 3 hours North from the East Side of PIttsburgh.

We used to go there all the time until gas prices went up.

Practice tracks in western, pa

Switchback MX in Butler PA
High VOltage in Ford City PA

KsMason71

Apr 7, 2009
Hey, where is the place in Lycoming county? I live in Williamsport right now and am looking for places to ride (beginner)

Zipp0 said:
Are there any "low profile" places in Central PA? I can think of a few places in Perry County that you could probably ride with no trouble. I'm getting ready to buy my first off road or dual sport, so I'm starting to think about places to ride.

I do know a low profile area in Lycoming county. Never rode there, but know it is done.

Brian&Brian

Mar 8, 2009
thers some nice trails near brodheadsville i think they call it ash land. i rode there once and its never ending its all around the coal town the cought on fire a bunch of years ago

Jun 13, 2009
I think it a shame that there are no places to ride around pa.There are so many young kids like my son and son in law who love to ride but cant. place are being posted they cant ride. and to pay 550.oo a yr plus the insurance that is a must if you ride on their lane. For many yrs the locals have been making trails in the mountains of Tower City and the surrounding areas.Now we are being charged to ride on trails we made. I think they could give the locals a break.I'm not saying to let us ride for free, but to bring the price down a little.Cause if it wasnt for us old times making those trails.These places wouldnt have trail for anyone to ride on.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Making illegal trails on private property doesn't entitle anybody to future access. The reason there are less places in PA and many other areas for people to ride is because idiots that get hurt decide to file claims against the land owners, even if they were riding illegally in the first place. Idiots riding with loud exhausts irritating land owners doesn't help matters either. Basically for a large part this is a self created problem that most riders don't want to accept blame for and/or don't do anything about except complain.

I used to ride those trails in PA when I was a kid, we'd go out and ride all day covering miles of trails that I know were not official trails and never thought about it. Well years later I was up there visiting and one popular riding area got locked down and the police were enforcing the private property postings. My nephew and some friends were without a place to ride so I suggested maybe somebody research who the owner(s) were and contact them then just ask. His mother did just that and the response was "Sure, this is the first time in 30 some years anybody has ever asked and all I ask in return is to respect my property and don't blame me if you get hurt." Problem solved.

Texas has very few public riding areas and land owners are more aggressive in dealing with illegal use of their land. Most of the good trail riding is on private property with agreements with the land owner or on dedicated pay to ride properties. If you think it's too expensive to pay about $45 per month to ride at a place perhaps a different hobby is in order, that's about 1/2 the cost of a set of graphics & seat over.

joker329

Mar 16, 2008
I grew up in the poconos and use to ride all over the mountain long before the big cronstruction boom.When i was a kid you could ride from Jim Thorpe to Stroudsburg with trails branching off everywhere.Today its hard to find anything local that your not tired of riding.I do have a couple of cool spots.You have to trailer your bike out.Good hill climbs

Nov 15, 2009
Just trying to ride

If any one can give me some info on riding in the PA area, I'll pay, ask the land owner. I'm willing to drive too. Just want to have fun while I can. I'm in the York Pa area. Just don't want to pay 400.00 for a year. I think that a little crazy, but that is me. :coocoo: Heard about the coal mine area in trevorton but don't know if it's leal to ride.

Thanks

RoadDawg

Jul 10, 2009
Whitefolks...dgit said:
If any one can give me some info on riding in the PA area, I'll pay, ask the land owner. I'm willing to drive too. Just want to have fun while I can. I'm in the York Pa area. Just don't want to pay 400.00 for a year. I think that a little crazy, but that is me. :coocoo: Heard about the coal mine area in trevorton but don't know if it's leal to ride.

Thanks

Ya, the strippings as they are called is still good. Be careful though and check the hills before you go over them. You may end up going into a 200 foot stripping pit... Several people have been killed out there over the years. As for legal, lots of folks ride out there and as I have been told the police are afraid to go into the strippings for fear of being shot at. There are some real idiots that frequent that place so be careful...

Nov 15, 2009
RoadDawg said:
Ya, the strippings as they are called is still good. Be careful though and check the hills before you go over them. You may end up going into a 200 foot stripping pit... Several people have been killed out there over the years. As for legal, lots of folks ride out there and as I have been told the police are afraid to go into the strippings for fear of being shot at. There are some real idiots that frequent that place so be careful...

Thanks for the info RoadDawg. I'll have to check that place out one Sunday. Do you ride up their alot?? What's the best days over their?

Thanks

RoadDawg

Jul 10, 2009
Really any day. It's a big place and lots of room to ride. I would wait a coulpe of weeks until hunting season is over. Your likely to get a bullet through your engine. There are a lot of people who ride there and any day is good. I think through the week would be best. You would have very few people there through the week.

Good luck and be careful.

Nov 15, 2009
RoadDawg said:
Really any day. It's a big place and lots of room to ride. I would wait a coulpe of weeks until hunting season is over. Your likely to get a bullet through your engine. There are a lot of people who ride there and any day is good. I think through the week would be best. You would have very few people there through the week.

Good luck and be careful.

Thanks again dude. I'll have to check it out after the hunting season ends, which I think is the 12th of December. :cool:

fmxhero

Apr 14, 2010
i use to go to tower city (now rausch creek). they have a website just google tower city trail riders. theyy got a crap load of trails. i hope this helps :)

Miss Rincon

Sep 4, 2012
Have you ever been to Majestic Kamp and Lost Trails ?
They have 7 miles dedicated to dirt bikes only and you can ride all the trails
too . They have 2 loops totalling 42 miles of trails .

Top Bottom