Mar 12, 2004
Took a hard spill the other day. Front tire is pointed one way and the handlebars, triple clamps, fender, etc are pointed the other way (about 4" off alignment). The handlebars are not bent. How do I get this thing back in alignment? Is there an adjustment on the tripple clamps? Maybe I hit my head too hard and should wait a few days but I can't figure out what's bent. Any help would be appreciated.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
This just happened to me. Look at the rubber things that are held by a bolt with the clamps, these should be crooked. Just turn them 90 either way and it'll come back straight. Also look at the bar (if you have any) that hold the clamps. Mine was badly twisted.

I hope my explanations are clear (although I don't think so lol). Good luck!

joshholmes20

May 3, 2006
Chances are your fork tubes are just twisted in the triple clamps. I have read posts on here about straightening them....just do a search. I usually just loosen the bolts holding the fork tubes in the triple clamps and have a buddy hold the front wheel and twist back into alignment. Just re-tighten when straight and you should be set.

DLHamblin

May 27, 2005
Just loosen the top triple clamp pinch bolts; don't have to (or need to) loosen the lower ones. Align everything and then re-tighten the top bolts again.

Top Bottom