XR 250R RIDER

Apr 5, 2001
I got a 2000 TTR 125 and was riding up in our woods when the bolts broke holding the hub to the rear sprocket. Were guessing that the fastners musta broke and the bolts then eventually broke. I know I should have seen that earlier but I hadn't went over my bolts lately (I know you should after every ride but I only do it every couple of weeks). My neighbor has a 2001 TTR 125L and now the bolts just broke on his because of the fastners busting. His case wasn't as bad as mine cuz my hub busted so I needed a new one of those. He's just having trouble getting out the bolts the broke out inside the hub. Is anyone else having troubles with them? Or are we just two unlucky cases?
Yeah I'm fast....when she runs!

kdxtaz

~SPONSOR~
Mar 29, 2002
I got my son a 2001 model in 2000, never checked the bolts. Then I read a similar post about the nuts loosening up, so I checked them and sho-nuff they were loose! If it weren't for the nut retainers I would have lost them (new for '01). I put them on with loc-tite and they're still tight. But that's the problem, they get loose and the sprocket moves around breaking stuff. :|

Top Bottom