Grayhair

Feb 8, 2008
We finished taking mileage for next Sunday's Turkey Creek Enduro starting in New Paris (some call it Goshen because that is where most stay).
The trail was in excellent shape today. We had 9/10 rain Thursday night/Friday. It just soaked in as it was dry.
We may post the route sheet later this week. We will ride it all again Friday to check turn mileage and check placement. We also will ride it again Saturday and Sunday morning early plus several riders ride just ahead of the first riders.
Last year we contacted 158 people to obtain permission for the event.
The Family Enduro is all finished. Look at the Ridersmc.net site for a Goggle map of the start location. You will need to sign in Saturday morning and then go the start. You can not camp at the Family Enduro start site. Of course you can zoom in and see the door to the building where sign up is located.
We may post the gas map for the Sunday adult Enduro and spectator points this week also. Gas for the Family Enduro is at the start location after each loop.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Grayhair said:
We will ride it all again Friday to check turn mileage and check placement. We also will ride it Sunday morning early plus several riders ride just ahead of the first riders.
Good Idea! Hopefully this will save another rider from a serious injury in a crop field….

Grayhair

Feb 8, 2008
We are going to try to post both the Family and the Sunday route sheets. With everyone working a normal job, it is hard to get all the route sheets, check sheets, flip card sheets, back-up sheets, observation sheets, gas maps and spectator sheets for two events finished when we would like.
We are riding the Sunday event again Thursday to check for obstacles in the trail, correct turn mileage, exact check placement, etc. We will ride the Family route Friday.

We had 1/4" of rain Sunday night, Monday and today. The weekend looks good, 50s on Saturday and 60 on Sunday, great riding weather.

The Goshen Wal-Mart east parking lot allows overnight parking for those that come early. That's on US 33 southeast of Goshen. You can take the next county road (38) south of the Wal-Mart to get to SR 15 just north of New Paris.

The Family Enduro will cross a couple of county road, people will be there to help with the crossings. The course will be fun and could be a challenge to maintain 24 MPH on the third round. It is well marked and groved in as the guys like riding that type trail.

duckboy

Jan 9, 2005
I'll be there both days, but I'll just need to find someone to watch Kyle on Sunday. I s anyone I know working a check he could help out with.

Grayhair

Feb 8, 2008
There will be a gas trailer on Sunday. Saturday gas will be at the start where each loop ends and starts.

Sunday's route sheet should be posted on Ryan's site and District 14 site sometime tonight or in the morning. I sent it to them this evening.

The Family route sheet will not make the internet as we are riding it again tomorrow.

The trail is in great shape. The only mud is right at the start and it is better (less mud) than normal.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
The club put on a great race, challenging & fun. :)

It was great to see Cody Mastin back on a bike and riding again. What a great way to get back on the bike at the place that bit him. :ride:

Congrat's to Fred T on the Championship title. He a had a great ride. :cool:
Don

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
Great job on the event! Had a hoot -- I always enjoy the Turkey Creek Enduro! Long drive though, rolled in at 2am...

BIG CONGRATS to C Mastin on riding the event -- it was awesome seeing his smiling face at an event AND on a bike again!!

Thanks Mike for running gas for us! As always, it was great seeing/visiting with everyone!

Thanks to everyone for another great enduro season!! :cool:

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Goshen2008017.jpg

Leroy & Cody M.

They had a ball together! At one point in the enduro they switched bikes - I was riding down some black top getting to another check in and Leroy goes flying by me doing the "Superman" on my bike!! Funny shat right there - I thinking WTF?... :laugh:

PS. For those of you scratching your heads over the bike trading thing going on I failed to mention that Leroy & Cody were out together to have a good time trail riding NOT RACING – Score card were not turned in.

Last edited:

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
FredT - congrats on the class win!

UP Magoo - congrats on the class win - both districts!
Thanks for not riding over me when I went down in the middle of the trail :nod: . That headlight of yours is nasty looking when it's bearing down on ya. I sure had a blast racing you and Nickolino through the boggy areas just after the start of the race. What a dog fight it was. Talk about roost.

Good seeing everyone!
Tom thank you for running gas.

Turkey Creek is one fine enduro; but, then again aren't they all!

PoeBrian

Oct 10, 2002
Thanks to everyone that put on the 08' Turkey Creek!!! What an excellent day for riding. I completely enjoyed the course as this was my 1st visit to New Paris! They seemed to do a good job keeping the fields safe which had me a little worried.

I will also be giving thanks this month on Turkey Day for the most excellent dinner I received on Sat. night from Nickolino(Elk steak), Fred T. (Lasagna) and DW(Choco cake).

It was great fun watching Magoo, Nico Z. and Salgeek get after it at each restart. They helped set a pace for me tag along with for a little while. Thanks to Mike M. and Nathan for hauling my pit stuff in Magoo's truck.

Congrats to Magoo and Fred T for their respective Series wins! (Will be fun to see Marsh vs, Thompson 09')

Nice Job to Lohone for beatin' my butt all year!(Gosh I can't wait till he goes A)

This was my 1st full season of racing d14 and I had a blast. I really enjoyed all the new people I got to meet and ride with. I fear I will have to train a little harder to compete more for 09'.

Hopefully someone posts schedule for 09' asap!

TJC510

Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 22, 2006
i had bad luck the first part of the day. in the first section, i caught a stick in the chain guide which wedged against the chain slowing me. took me a few minutes to dig that out. then in the 3rd section, i snagged a barbed wire and wrapped that around the caliper and rear wheel locking it up. that took even longer to get out. those two just killed my momentum as it seemed i was playing catchup the rest of the day. i was surprised i finished as well as i did.
i did have fun though, which is the main reason of racing these.

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
PoeBrian Hopefully someone posts schedule for 09' asap![/QUOTE said:
Working on it and is almost ready,although not official until Dec. Sanctioning meeting in Lansing.(Enduro Riders are always welcome to come and voice their oppinions,)

Mr Mauer and Myself sold BentWheels on a FES/D14 Enduro weekend in September next season last night,(season may be over but the work never ends).
Brian, Good to see you enjoy your first full season and congrates on a good finish!
Welcome to the fun!

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
:cool: Thanks for ALL the effort Tom and Mike! It will be nice to have a Michigan series in Michigan.

CR250R@WINTERS

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2004
Mr Mauer and Myself sold BentWheels on a FES/D14 Enduro weekend in September

Way to go guys!! :)

See you on Sat.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
We will need help from the east side riders - especially those who have helped at an enduro in the past. REMEMBER - worker points are available.

Top Bottom