pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
Just looked up next years tour calender and found my ride has been dropped, not sure why and can't find out for a while so with no free bike about to come my way I had to shell out some hard earned stuff and picked up an 06 crf450x with under 100 hours and RG3 suspension updates for 25% of new price!! Still on original disc pads so has only been ridden by slow guy (I hope), all I have to do is reassemble it from scratch. Monday sort clean and assemble bottom end. Tick Tuesday strip and grease nipple linkages and swing arm. Tick Wednesday motor in and swing arm back on finish top end. Tick Tonight rest of bodywork and start up. To be Ticked Friday night hand guards GPS mount and finish off. To be ticked Saturday and Sunday 2day trailride on farmland native bush and pine plantations to ride till I'm too tired to ride anymore. Goal accomplished = happy old rider still standing on Sunday night
I'll let you know how it all goes

Last edited:

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
tick tick tick Well its friday night the list is finished and the bike is a runner, I'm packed and ready to head off early tomorrow morning .... the rain gods are a bit angry so I will hope the met service are wrong ... lots of riding either way

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
Monday morning back at work with aching arms and legs from 180km of riding on farm land and native bush tracks with lots of easy mud and a few big hills. over 1300 happy riders for the two days

Top Bottom