May 22, 2006
I just washed my bike, cleaned airfilter.. washed everything.. put new oil in tranny. fresh gas, everything. the whole deal, and now I warm it up properly and then within 5 minutes of riding it pulls in 1st gear and then stops and starts bogging down at half throttle+? please help, im going dbing in 1 HR at a mountain w/ a friend... should I wait a bit till oil gets soaked in and stuff?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Cleaned the air filter.... How did you oil it?

May 22, 2006
I put new oil in the tranny case. Should I wait till the oil like.. lubes up everything is what I meant. Im really egar to go today and want to fix it... I havent touched jetting. I blocked carb when I washed bike [cause I clean my airbox] and I blocked it w/ a cloth. Everything got dry and I reassemble'd everything and now it bogs? never happened beefore washing bike?

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
So you sprayed water in the airbox with a rag stuffed in the carb??? Did you use spray on or pour on filter oil?

May 22, 2006
NOOO. Guys. I took off my Air Filter, then my airbox. Leaving the carb wide open... I stuffed a cloth on outside of carb to prevent water damage, Cleaned out airbox [b/c dirty inside, spray on filter oil... then put it back togetehr and took out cloth of carb. Now?? bogs

Blink-182

Feb 2, 2008
thats your problem, take apart the carb clean the jets and adjust the tab on the float,my yz wouldent even start it was pouring out the overflow because when i took off the float bowl it had bent it

Dylan19302

Jun 27, 2008
you definatly need a carb clean. take apart all of the jets and clean every hole. Before you unscrew the jets turn them in counting how long it takes. its important to have the proper jetting on the bike. also what year it it.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Ummm, you turn the jet clockwise until it is tight. The only one you count is the fuel screw, which isn't really a jet.

May 22, 2006
How do I exactly clean the jets? Soak the Main Jet, Pilot Jet, and Needle in a bucket of carb washer over night? or full-on rinse it w/ a cloth for like 10 minutes?

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
That is the best way, soaking them overnight. Be sure and rinse them well and blow out with compressed air when you're done. If you can soak the carb body as well that would be good.

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
i would bet that you have a dirty carb or water inside your carb (is dirt anyway...)

take your carburettor from the bike, get some space to disassemble it...
take the fuel bowl off, then the float and needle, then the jets... unscrew the choke too...
assuming that you already take the top of carb where the cable gets in, spray carb or brake cleaner outside and inside, in every holes you can find...
blow it with compressed air and assemble every thing...

one more thing... clean also the vent tubes inside...

:ride: ride well :ride:

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
you will have to turn off the fuel, take the throttle cable and the hose that come from the gas tank...
to take the carb from the bike it´s easyer to do that with your sub-frame off the bike...

all the rest you can disassemble with the carb outside the bike... including the hoses...
if you have doubts take some pictures during the disassemble process...

the only thing that came off the carb is some gas that is stored inside...

like every thing, the first time it´s the harder... :cool:

Dylan19302

Jun 27, 2008
first take it off the engine without disassembling any wires, hoses.
Turn off gas.
Take gas hose off carb.
If a roundslide carb unscrew the top, if other kind take off trottle cable.
Take to workbench or where ever your goin to clean them and clean them.

May 22, 2006
Guys, I came back to my dirtbike to find that its leaking oil... out of the black overflow hose... I think its the tranny oil? my tranny oils just been replaced... almost to top and its leaking out of overflow like 1 drip/10 seconds? whats this problem? i want to go dirtbiking today =[

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
x!TremeRider!x said:
Guys, I came back to my dirtbike to find that its leaking oil... out of the black overflow hose... I think its the tranny oil? my tranny oils just been replaced... almost to top and its leaking out of overflow like 1 drip/10 seconds? whats this problem? i want to go dirtbiking today =[

How much oil did you put in there?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Is there a 10mm bolt head just to the left of the oil fill hole? If there is, take it out, that would be the maximum oil height.

Nope, not on the YZ85 Bob..

They do mark plainly on the engine case how much oil to put in though.

May 22, 2006
I used the rest of my bottle which filled about 3/4 of the bike. If I tip it over a little bit you can see oil pouring out.. its not over filled. thats not prob.

Top Bottom