usernames hard to differentiate and remember

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
This is more of a smoldering ember than a raging flame...

I have noticed there are two basic groupings of usernames: those that have unique meanings or associations, and those that don't.

milquetoast, zio, julius pleaser, etc. this type is very easy to remember.

YZ something something 250 something- I can't tell all of you guys apart! And usernames with numbers aren't as easy to remember as those without. You are all my friends, even if you do ride YZs...please take no offense, I just wish I could keep track of all you guys!

To me, much of the fun of this place is getting to know as many people as possible, and it greatly enhances the experience if I can remember who's who!

Many of us (including myself) didn't have any idea how much time we would end up spending on here when we originally signed up.

Of course, I am not suggesting that anyone actually change their username, but please...if you are getting a friend started on DRN, help them to be creative and come up with a unique, humorous, and/or catchy username!

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
There used to be a guy on here called "kookooformotopuffs". :)

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
yea, and it was unique enough that you remembered it! It got shortened to just "motopuffs"...but then my wife got a bit concerned when I started wearing her intimate apparrel, shaved my legs, and began to favor cross-stitiching over the dirt bike stuff.

Okie was bringing out my feminine side by shortening my username, and I hope he got a good chuckle out of it, but I desided to cut my losses and switch usernames.

At the rate i'm going, the custom "motometal" stickers will still be intact on my bike for DW'02! ;)

Aug 6, 2000
I remember Spermy, what happened to him? See what happens when I go away for around 4 or 5 months.

I know what you mean, but I guess I'vee been around long ehough where I don't even notice it anymore because I know the people with simialar names

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I hear ya, motoplastic. Our local radio weatherman, Dick Lexia, might have this to say about it.

"I have thoticed nere are bo twasic groupnames of userings: that those have unique assnings or meaociations, and that don't those."

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I did the best I could. :moon:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
sorry, i'm about as creative as my nickname. :(

gomer gets the credit (or blame) for my current signature.

Last edited:

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
let's all work together to help keep kids (and bswift) off drugs!

yzeater--well, the alternative at this point is what, creater? uhhhh.....wasn't that the grease monkey guy on the Dukes of Hazzard?

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I remember the days of motopuffs, I tell ya though motometal is nothing like I had pictured him to be before dirtweek, he left his dress at home apparently :)

and Senior KX Rider kind of resembles meatloaf (no not the entree) :eek:

LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by _SOLO_
And there was that Spermy guy...

Was his name David Wilson? If so I know where he is! If not, then... Oh well.

My name is just what it is. I'm Lee Wilson and I ride a 250...easy eh...

Lee W.

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
An abbreviation of my real name and my zip code

You know I didnt realize how silly my name was untill I tried introducing myself to some of the people at Paragon. names like woodsrider and scooter easy roll off the tongue type names and I am trying to figure out how to spell out mine to them :o :o

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
I was "wardy" before it was famous to be wardy. :cool:

course I am taller! but very likely much slower! :think:

but from the looks of it we are bout the same wieght ...... :eek:

ha

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
ya. stupid names stick. 70 Marlin is my boat "see gallery" of coarse I've had this name long before DRN existenced.

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
My name doesn't mean anything. Well except that when I first started riding I had those oh so cool solo gloves that Fox makes. I was 12 when I joined, can ya blame me?

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
the fact that some people have those picture thingys (avatars) helps too...

for "yzeater" I am picturing some giant jagged teeth with "cr" on them chasing a YZ!

2001yz250

Mar 27, 2002
Alright, alright, so my handle is generic and sucks, but all the good names were already taken! :( I tried about seven times to register and it wouldn't take so I keyed this one in expecting it not to take it but it did :think: At least when I ask how to do something, no-one has to ask what I'm riding! :D Yzeater: must be a little paranoid about being passed by a Yamaha :p Don't worry, it sure won't be me! :moon:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
motopuffs! I never made the connections. I did find it wierd that I e-mailed a guy named motopuffs over a year ago and he lived in near Waterloo, then this motometal guy shows up and he lived there too! :)

We ever hook up for a ride, I have a digital cam now, we can get some pics of your custom "motometal" stickers and get a gallery started for you. :aj:

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
I was thinking about this "yzeater" thing as I did my last race, so my plan was to pass as many yamahas as possible. In a 2 hour race, I passed one, and got passed by at least 150

MoO_coW

Jul 14, 2000
you start saying "mooo" for no reason at 3 in th morning while playing counter strike (an online game) and next thing you know youre new handle becomes MoO_coW :) Well, at work they call me A-Train because im 115 pounds of pure muscle ;) , lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom