Valve clearance......Front brake rotor.

Wyvern77

Mar 24, 2001
Can someone kindly provide the valve clearance for my 93' KLX 250?
I've thrown in a STROKER high cam & recently i'm havin problem startin my machine. I waz wonderin if itz the valve clearance that's causin the problem....
Is the valve clearance the same as the stock machine & with the high cam in it? How long does the timin chain last after every adjustment when itz lose?
The front rotor (i changed it to a over sized floatin rotor) is givin a weird kinda sound too, for eg, when i'm travellin at 60km/h constant, & as i accelerate, the rotor gives out a few LOUD clickin sound, i still cannot figure out where exactly is the sound comin from as i couldn't find anything wrong with the breakin rotor...itz really drivin me nuts manz!!
will any kind soul help me on tiz problems?
Thkz a million!!!

------------------

Boit

Sponsoring Member
Sep 5, 2000
Yes, the valve clearance would be the same regardless of the aftermarket cam since you are measuring the (cold) clearance between the cam and valve shim buckets at TDC center of the exhaust stroke. I don't have my manual with me here at work to give the exact lash...sorry.

------------------

Wyvern77

Mar 24, 2001
thkz Boit, i really appreciate the info u've provided me. Is there any kind souls out there who is able to feed me with the info on the exact amount of valve clearance & the front brake rotor?
Thkz in advance!!

------------------

Top Bottom