MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
I'm planning a business trip to Holden in Australia, not sure the dates yet. I'm wondering while I'm there if there's an opportunity to catch a trail or even a road tour, with bike rental. I'd sure appreciate any guidance!

Battered Sav

~SPONSOR~
Nov 16, 2000
Oh man, I'm still laughing abut that Holden thing. ;)
You might try looking HERE and click on bike tours/hire, lots of options.
Give me a bell when dates are clearer, Port Melbourne is about 25mins from me.
I'm guessing this has something to do with the new Pontiac GTO's ?

2smoke

Sep 21, 2001
Grinch I wuz thinkin what the @@#$!!!! Holden Holden that bloody cars mate!!! Geez Holden Town never heard of that one:). MWEISSEN try and go on a Victorian High Country Tour they have hire bikes and the riding is excellent. You wont be disappointed.

Kiwi MX

Oct 20, 2002
They aren't lying either bro. I went over to OZ with NZBATT 1 deploying to East Timor in 2000. On one of my leave periods I went back to Darwin, hooked up with the local MX soldiers and they gave me a brand new YZ 125 (after I helped fix it from a crash they had - kiwis are the best mechanics period and auzzies, they are...well ,you know...lol). ;)
Anyways I was expecting some boring flat riding and was blown away with what I found. So much so I sourced some local support, coerced/bullied the aussie privates into letting me race the YZ and entered the Darwin MX champs and had a blast!! Got 10th overall 125B in my Camo DPMs lol. Forgot most of my gear thinking I wouldn't need it.
I even got to see (and accidentally run over -honest) my first snake. :silly:

If you ever get the chance go for it! The Oz Dirt riders are a great bunch of blokes/gals and surprisingly its an awesome country to ride too. You won't regret it. :worship:

word of advise tho... never take sides in a Holden vs Ford argument while there... trust me.

Simon Farmer
Slydesigns
Race Signs

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
LOL! Thanks for the tip on "Ford vs Holden"! I certainly won't take any sides. It's the same around Michigan too - Ford vs. GM. It's a can't win argument.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
B. Sav, not yet.

I met a guy on a ride here in Michigan from Australia. I got a bunch of great advice! Can't wait to make it, but it'll probably be around December or January.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Peter, I was finally able to lock down my schedule. Here it is:
Leave the US on February 14, arrive Melbourne February 16
Meetings in Melbourne February 17 and 18.
Spend part of the 19th in Melbourne, leave for Adalaide in the afternoon
Spend the 20th in Adalaide
Fly to Sydney on the morning of the 21st
Meetings on February 22.
Rest February 23
Fly out February 24.

Whew!!

I'll give you definite times in on the 16th when I get them. I don't have my ticket yet, still waiting for our Visa's.

Talk to you soon!

Battered Sav

~SPONSOR~
Nov 16, 2000
Great to hear it's a definite and to get some dates.
Doesn't look like you've got much free time, it'll be tight if you want to go for a ride, but I'm sure I can come up with something.
Oh, it's Adelaide, with an "e", and I hope it's open when you go there. ;)

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Thank for the note. Yeah, my schedule is really tight in Melbourne. Unfortunately it opens up only when we're in Sydney.

Is perhaps Adelaide a little "sleepy" ?? :laugh:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
MWeissen, enjoy the ride down under!:cool:  Battered Sav, you definitely have the DRN spirit! :aj: :)

PeterDRZ400

Dec 8, 2004
coming to Holden

Hi just seen your message about coming to OZ to Holden.
Is that Holden in Melbourne (Victoria) or Elizabeth (South Australia)?
IF it's Melbourne, I'm your man.
There is plenty of riding around here.
And you would also be (I hope) able to hire a bike from a number of places that have WR250F etc.
Let me know.

Have a good one.

Top Bottom