ojasia

Mar 13, 2013
weep hole is leaking very faintly.
?/1:will I need to change tranny case oil.
?/2:Some advice.
?/3:Honda tech said its not one piece and ill have to order what ever is wrong with it. what do you guys think?

(2):: its still like 40 degrees here but took me a good 50 kicks to get going?? now that its warm it starts right up.....new top end ? is prolly needed right?

ojasia

Mar 13, 2013
Even in the best case scenario with this thing I cant ride today right? :/

ojasia

Mar 13, 2013
Well ... Dove right in right side crank case is off. dont think the seals were all that bad but from someone having crappy coolant in it made it have this gummish greyish gunk corroding the seals including the gear that connects to the impeller looked almost worn away as well.

After seeing this part of the engine I thought the oil in this part also lubricated the tranny ??? couldnt see any transmission gears or anything... is there a connection between these two parts?

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
You will need two new seals. Inner and outer. Inspect the impeller shaft also. If it has a groove in it where the seal rides, replace the shaft also. If the impeller is worn, replace that too. The bearings should also be replaced at this time. The outside seal keeps the water from leaking out of the engine. The inside seal keeps the water from leaking into the gearbox. If your gearbox oil is milky in color it indicates the inner seal is leaking. Be sure to use distilled water with your 50/50 coolant mixture. Tap water will cause corrosion.

ojasia

Mar 13, 2013
yeah the only thing that wasnt worn was the impellar but was broken getting it off the shaft, so had to get another one. Using the Honda Premix Coolant. and yes gear oil was milky I think the shaft was worn and grooved to much coolant was. when I get the parts should I oil the shaft?

ojasia

Mar 13, 2013
Replaced the water pump with everything that pretty much makes up the water pump lol. replaced oil and re-filled coolant, And the bike is starting like 100% easier now too. weep hole is dry everything seems really good. got mixture screw tuned in as well. Just never thought by replacing the water pump seals the bike would be starting so much better now. So fixed two problems for the price of a water pump.

Top Bottom