YZ Freak

Jan 12, 2001
Hello everyone, First of all I would just like to ask if anyone is going alone? 2nd, what do I need to bring with me? I think I'll be camping the whole time. Are there any washing facilities? Are there restaurants close by or should I just bring my grill? Should I bring my pressure washer? Where do people keep their bike if they don't have an enclosed trailer? I pretty much have the bare minimum and I was just wondering what I should expect. Thanks in advance.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
to secure my bike I'm just going to bring a long cable lock and put it through my wheels/frame and then loop it through the bumper of my truck. I'm bringing the bear necessities, I like to travel light.

But as to oldguy's comment on not being alone for long, I'm looking for a little clarification as to whom would be there to keep lonely folks company :confused:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by smb_racing
But as to oldguy's comment on not being alone for long, I'm looking for a little clarification as to whom would be there to keep lonely folks company :confused:

Why noone other than Gomer. You come alone and have food he will be your friend. He will eat with you, sleep with you:scream: even shower with you:( and then wash your bike:p
Just don't drink his gatorade:think

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
HAHA, that's the funniest thing I've heard for a while, you just made my day oldguy :)

motopuffs

Mar 15, 2001
good point...what about washing? I heard no electricity, and if there is mud, my bike will weigh 350 pounds by the end of the 'fest! Please don't make me bring heavy shock and fork springs for the last 2 days!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Cable lock? We are out in the middle of nowhere, 100+ riders and all their stuff... believe me, you don't have to worry about your bike getting stolen!

Cleaning bikes? No problem, powerwasher on site. And no, there will be no charge to use it.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
well you know okie, better safe than sorry, I'll have just paid my last bike payment when I get to the fest so I'm a bit overprotective ;)

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Re: lots of beer

Originally posted by oldguy
:p Lots of Beer

The beer necessities...:cool: I'd be willing to pay extra for a case of Lienenkugel. Can't get that stuff down here.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Re: Re: lots of beer

Originally posted by Julius Pleaser

The beer necessities...:cool: I'd be willing to pay extra for a case of Lienenkugel. Can't get that stuff down here.

there is a rewason that doesn't get down your way. I'll put a case of it on my list

motopuffs

Mar 15, 2001
I think I heard no bottles...may want to keep that in mind. Glass bottles, that is...plastic, carbon fiber, titanium alloy beer bottles are fine.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
oldguy--You are a gentleman and a scholar! :cool:

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
showers...

I did some shoppin, and i found a KOA up the road that has the kamping kabins for 31 a night for two. you get a.c. and heat! KOA always has clean bath rooms! thats what my boy and I are gonna do. so I guess when we are done riding, i'll pop a cold one and watch some of ya line up at the power washer!:confused: although, it does sound kindof fun!

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
gnarly,

Can you give the info. for the KOA? I'm fixing to reserve a motel room, but if we can get a cabin for $31, that sure beats $70 for a motel. I would like to haul a camper up, but it would cost more in gas money than a motel room.:( I hope staying off LTM grounds doesn't reduce my opportunities to meet everyone.

Thanks

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
The beer necessities...

Don't forget the little things. Your helmet, gloves, gogles, boots, premix, chainlube, spark plugs, and YOUR bike.:p
Cable lock? We are out in the middle of nowhere, 100+ riders and all their stuff...
I would guess that a 100+ dirtbike riders would be a theif's worst nightmare. I'm bringing two FRS 14 channel two-way radios. If anyone else brings theirs, we could have good communcation in the event of injury or breakdowns. These radios are inexpensive ($30) and have a two mile range.
PLEASE, PLEASE remember your "Right Guard"! Offend everyone with your spectacular skills not ..... well .... you get the idea. Hip waders will likely be needed for the bench racing sessions but are optional. Did anyone mention beer?

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Okie,
Did anyone follow through on the shower design thingy?

ExC Rocket

Aug 21, 2001
Showers

I sent an email to the main guy today and he responded that no showers will be available. He did however tell me a clean creek is near by.....hehe:)

ExC Rocket

Aug 21, 2001
Showers

YOU....its my understanding that you are the founder of DRN....my apologies if that is not correct. I sent you the e-mail today with several questions including the one about the showers. I am looking forward to the event and HELLO to all as I joined DRN today!!

Jim:)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom