Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I recall that back in the day, when DRN was in it's early years it was strange to see a mobile device listed in the stats as browsing the forums. Phones were phones and not much else in 1999!

Today, 50% of the visitors here are using either a phone or a tablet. Of those, 50% are iPhones and iPads. I would have thought at least Samsung would have made a dent in the dominance by now. Even with the 12 or so models of Samsung products that show up, they still total lest than 15% of the views.

Things have changed a LOT in 15 years.

Speaking of change, here's an Internet Archive screen shot of the site as it was October 1, 1999.
Kinda like those old pics you see of yourself ... "what was I thinking?" LOL.

drn_1999.jpg

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
lots of water under the bridge since those days.
Those that were children back then are all grown up with families of their own now.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Yep, been a long time. I'm still old fashion though. I only have a cell phone because they gave me one at work and I just use a desktop computer...no laptop or tablet to surf the World Wide Interweb for me! No sir. No Facebook or Twitter either, just Linkedin for business purposes.

Everything has gotten too fast paced and everyone has to be "connected", it's gotten out of control. I heard yesterday that Facebook crashed and people were calling 911...really?

I use some pretty high end software at work but that's my job.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Just a little?
Okay, ALOT!!! :) I have the I5 phone, and the biggest mistake ever, I dropped verizon for 20 bucks cheaper per month, for tmobile? Wow does tmobiles service blow! I need 2 phones, 1 for a hot spot, and 1 to Communicate! On a wifi it's okay.

Last edited:
Top Bottom