Dec 23, 1999
If this is held at cooperland whatelse is there to do besides riding? Will prolly bring the wife and would like to spend a few days sightseeing or something.

------------------
Dennis                                            Col Oh
99husqvarna wr250

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
dennis, try these sites for info:

oklahomaadventureguide.com
touroklahoma.com
travelok.com

motoman122

Dec 6, 2000
well.... the wife might not be interested in this, but the sand dunes of little sahara are about a 2 hour drive from stillwater.
tongue.gif

Dec 23, 1999
Thanks guys.

------------------
Dennis                                            Col Oh
99husqvarna wr250

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Your wife could check out the Air and Space museum in OKC. Very interesting. There is also the Oklahoma Cowboy Hall of Fame, if she is interested in that. There is Woolarock in Bartlesville, Gilcrease Museum and Philbrook Museum in Tulsa. If she is interested in Archetecture, Guthrie has some of the finest in the country. She could also enjoy the folks at the Spodefest. Come see us!

taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Being from Texas let me assure you that there is absolutely nothing in Oklahoma except riding at Cooperland. Your best bet is to see a whole other country and take a 2 hour trip south to Dallas or Ft.Worth.

For those of you who have never been to Oklahoma, remember, if you hear banjo's, Hide!

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Sorry Taraker, but that would be in Arkansas, the fear of banjo music. You sure got a purty mouth......

Heh heh heh. Just kidding, we here in Iowa pretty much worry about anything south of say....oh the southern tier of Iowa counties!!!! Oh, well, I will make it, one place or the other, they are both south of here. Guess I'll brush up on my bow skills first though
wink.gif

------------------
Make sure you sharpen both edges.....

[This message has been edited by RoosteR13 (edited 02-07-2001).]

99CR125OK

Sponsoring Member
Oct 3, 2000
Now your getting personal, I'm a born and raised Oklahoman and there's nowhere else I'd rather live.

Besides, you could always go to Norman and see the National Championship Trophy.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Well, I know a couple of things that are awesome in OK but I cant really tell just anybody. The main difference between Texas and Oklahoma is that Texas just has a whole lot more 'nothing' than we do.

------------------
TTRGUY - Edmond OK
2000 TTR250
"If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness!" Jack Handey

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i understand why the women want something else to do in oklahoma. what i don't understand is why any guys would complain that there is nothing else to do but ride at cooperland. is there really anything else you would want to do? ---- this doesn't apply to women that ride.

YZFlyer

Jan 14, 2001
If its at Cooperland I'm sure my sweet bride (still not into riding) would love to lead on an all out shopathon. She knows the Malls in Tulsa and OKC like the back of her hand.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
2000 KX 250
96 YZ 250
98 PW 80(son's)
98 KTM SR PRO 50z(son's)2

motoman122

Dec 6, 2000
slowpokedennis - there is a water park, an amusement park, and several other things in okc for the wife and kids (if you have any) to check out in okc and the same in tulsa. okc's attractions are better and closer though.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Stillwaters not a bad town itself. A college town, with desent attractions. lots of resturants, some shopping downtown.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Smitty, TTR-Guy,

How far and how feasible is it to spend a day riding at Draper during the MWSF? I'm planning to take a whole week of vacation and I know that we could probably get a group to go there early in the week (side trip). I'd love to hit those trails. Especially if I'm already going to be in the state of OK.

Anybody else interested in going there?? Lemming? Mikeb??

------------------
Tim Roberts
99 KDX 200
http://sera.dirtrider.net

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
From Stillwater to downtown OKC is about an hours drive. About 15 minutes from downtown OKC to Draper riding areas. Probably about 1.5 hrs total from Cooperland to Draper.. Give or take 15-20 minutes depending on how you drive. I am going to be low on vacation by then but I am sure that I'll have some sick days available
smile.gif

------------------
2000 TTR250
TTRGuy’s Picture Page

Top Bottom