Kaw4me

Feb 15, 2010
I'm sorry if this topic has already been discussed before but I'm new here and an avid Ethanol hater and wonder what everyone is running for fuel.

I'm assuming that the serious motocross racer is running race fuel but whats the aggressive trail rider running ?

Can a non-ethanol 92-93 octane fuel still be found ?

Thanks for any responses

Kaw4me

Feb 15, 2010
I believe all pump gas here in New England is blended with Ethanol?

Last edited:

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
AV gas anywhere will not have ethanol in it.
Around here, (Tulsa) I can find up to 89 and occassionally 91 pure gas, but it is almost always at small independently owned stations and not large chains. I can find 93 ethanol blend at a couple of places, but no 92 or 93 pure gas. I will try the McCay's Conoco today listed in the "buyrealgas" link above and see what I can find. There are at least four local stations not listed on that website, however.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Unless you have an airplane, stay away from their pumps. I use Shell or BP with nitrogen! And alcohol for an oxygenate. And next time I go to the marina at the bottom of Lake Michigan, I will check on this "real" gas! I do know for around 85 dollars for 5 gallons, that I can get REAL gas. Vintage Bob

Kaw4me

Feb 15, 2010
Is anyone mixing race gas with pump gas ?

I talked to a major fuel distributor and all the gas in

New England is now blended with Ethanol and their talking about

upping the the percentage to 15 next year.

I mixed some fuel up with 20% race gas and it ran decent with a

good plug color .

I agree the the nitrogen gas comment ,,, marketing at it's worst.

Nitrogen is a vapor not a liquid petroleum !!!

Last edited:

Kaw4me

Feb 15, 2010
IndyMX said:
I'm using 93 Octane BP Ultimate.. as far as I can tell, it's not got ethanol in it here in Indiana..

Can you send me some ? This Blended pump gas is total crap !

It softens the fuel lines , plugs the filters , gets 10 to 20 percent less fuel mileage in your car and what really pisses me off is the
people who voted this in don't have a frigin clue as to what their
doing. All they know is some lobbyist sent them a new boat if they'd vote yes for it. :bang:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I will bet, ethanol is in most of this countries fuel. If your car can run on it, your bike will run fine also. Unless its something else, like the bike needs repair, too high of compression, or the fuel tank in the ground where you go has a slight leak? Long-term use and all the bs aside. I truly wish I could get ether oxygenated fuel at the pump, less the epa whine bags. Real fuel, meaning with lead is a joke. And blaming Washington? Its big business thats all. Fork up 85 dollars for a sealed can of race fuel. It will respond better, jet easier, and smell fantastic. The down side, its expensive to ship, you can not leave it in your tank long, done riding for a couple hours, drain the tank, and its a lot more dangerous to handle. www.precisionautoresearch.com/RACING_CHEMISTRY/FirePower/PAR13.htm

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Kaw4me said:
Can you send me some ? This Blended pump gas is total crap !

It softens the fuel lines , plugs the filters , gets 10 to 20 percent less fuel mileage in your car and what really pisses me off is the
people who voted this in don't have a frigin clue as to what their
doing. All they know is some lobbyist sent them a new boat if they'd vote yes for it. :bang:

It doesn't matter how your car runs....just so you're keeping the corn farmer in business and making the greenies happy. And you want throttle response from you dirt bike? Ha! :whoa:

Seriously, you can buy VP fuel for fairly reasonable prices. Try your local powersports shops or even the car race tracks. VP car fuel will be better than 15% ethanol pump junk. The stuff from a powersports shop will be best though.

Kaw4me

Feb 15, 2010
Is this what your running ?

From what I gather so far most are running what comes out of the
convenient store pump ?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Kaw4me said:
Is this what your running ?

From what I gather so far most are running what comes out of the
convenient store pump ?
That is the last place! I like the busy bp or shell stations by the interstate. If you buy the race gas, I would rather have that?

Kaw4me

Feb 15, 2010
I'm in the automotive business and understand completely about a busy gas station fuel . The fuel doesn't still around long and you have a better chance of getting a fresh batch.

I drive out of my way a few miles to fill my car just for this very reason.

JUST HATE ETHANOL :yell:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I run premium pump. It burns like **** and tunes for crap but it's all I can afford. I just live with the cruddy combustion chamber and finiky tuning. From my understanding all fuels blended to run in a car engine won't burn cleanly in a bike because it runs cooler. Better quality fuel is more consistant and easier to tune for. I think the -VP C12?- was about 65 or 70 bucks for a 5 gallon pail last time I looked.

Kaw4me

Feb 15, 2010
_JOE_ said:
I run premium pump. It burns like **** and tunes for crap but it's all I can afford. I just live with the cruddy combustion chamber and finiky tuning. From my understanding all fuels blended to run in a car engine won't burn cleanly in a bike because it runs cooler. Better quality fuel is more consistant and easier to tune for. I think the -VP C12?- was about 65 or 70 bucks for a 5 gallon pail last time I looked.

I'm surprised at the race gas prices your finding .
Power Mist is very popular at a local track ( 99 Octane ) and it's
$8 to $10 a gallon.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Kaw4me said:
I'm surprised at the race gas prices your finding .
Power Mist is very popular at a local track ( 99 Octane ) and it's
$8 to $10 a gallon.

Is that a car fuel? That's about what they get at the local car track. The bike stuff is more expensive, go figure! ;)

Kaw4me

Feb 15, 2010
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
What is the likely hood that you get what you pay for? Vintage Bob

I believe very good as a good friend runs this in his car and the dyno results came back that the fuel was 98.8.

Kaw4me

Feb 15, 2010
_JOE_ said:
Is that a car fuel? That's about what they get at the local car track. The bike stuff is more expensive, go figure! ;)

Yes , That's what their selling to the Nascar North Series.

I guess I'm confused as to what their selling as " bike fuel ".

All the bike shops have gone out of business around here so I've
never seen such a thing.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Kaw4me said:
good friend runs this in his car and the dyno results came back that the fuel was 98.8.

What in the hell are you talking about?

Top Bottom