What happened to the place?

Discussion in 'General Moto & Off-Topic Discussions' started by splatt, Aug 18, 2017.

1. splatt

splatt Resident mental case

Been away from here for quite a while only to come back and find a ghost town. Where did everyone go?

2. Okiewan

Okiewan DRN is my fault.
    Staff Member

Let's see.... Life, facebook, instagram, twitter, work, age, corporate mega-sites?
    Where'd you go?

Nice to see an "old" name!

3. splatt

splatt Resident mental case

I pretty much stopped riding dirt bikes and went to the street. So much easier to hop on the bike in the driveway and ride rather than load up and drive 40 miles to ride. I'll get back to the dirt soon.

4. truespode

truespode Wheelie King
    Staff Member

Life, kids and other social media outlets that people prefer to argue without moderation I guess :)

I miss the good ol days but the only constant in life is change.

Glad this place is still up and running if only for historical reasons. DRN still has a vast amount of technical knowledge from past threads that can help people out.

Ivan

Okiewan likes this.
  5. RM_guy

RM_guy Scared of DirtWeek<BR>Club *********
    Damn Yankees

Glad to see there is still some activity around here. I don't ride as much as I used to but when I do I really suck wind! Was out yesterday and was too sore to walk after only an hour on the bike. I keep telling myself that I just need to ride more but my body is falling apart. I won't stop though!!

Okiewan likes this.
  6. Rich Rohrich

Rich Rohrich BioHazard
    Staff Member

Getting a trials bike has allowed me to ride even on days when my parts are too beat up to handle an MX bike. Plus crashing at 3 mph seems to hurt a lot less.

7. RM_guy

RM_guy Scared of DirtWeek<BR>Club *********
    Damn Yankees

Yeah, I went from MX to strictly trail riding but a slower trials bike is looking pretty good, although 3 mph sound a bit aggressive doesn't it? _BGRIN_

Okiewan likes this.
  8. Rich Rohrich

Rich Rohrich BioHazard
    Staff Member

The speed freak in me has been tough to tame. LOL

Okiewan likes this.
  9. jaguar

jaguar Subscriber

I think the lack of participation parallels the decline in economic prosperity. Dirt biking is an expensive hobby. Because of lack of money I haven't had a dirt bike in 8 years. I just ride my 100cc street bike now.

10. mx547

mx547 Ortho doc's wet dream

I retired from motocross in '08. It was not intentional, it just worked out that way because of injuries, job loss, etc.

I have a street bike and a dual-sport bike. I ride somewhere between 13k and 26k miles per year. I'm currently at about 21k so far this year. I very much prefer dual-sport over strictly street. I still have my mx bike. It looks good setting over in the corner of the garage.

I check in here about twice a month.