What happened to the place?

Discussion in 'General Moto & Off-Topic Discussions' started by splatt, Aug 18, 2017.

1. 2stroke

2stroke Pro Class

Ha. I havent been on here in a long time either! I have also been riding more street than dirt. I haven't been to a vintage race at all this season, for the first time in 16 years...all though it has more to do with my life situation than anything.
    In the vintage world in the mid atlantic, there seems to be 2 trends...some clubs are allowing classes through the 90s.... afterall vintage is relative...everyone wants to ride what they rode when they were 16 and we are all getting older. And in the clubs who are not moving forward with the years, cross country has become bigger than mx.

2. jtnkkm

jtnkkm Rookie

I dunno, I'm new here and this seems like an active place, one of the more active dirt bike forums

3. Uchytil

Uchytil Lifetime Sponsor

Was just thinking about this site I joined in 1999 under a different name. Then Okie allowed me to change it. At least I think it was 99, maybe 2000? Yeah, life happens. Still have my Dirtrider.net swingarm stickers unmolested. They won't fit on the 74.5 GP I have, lol. At 58 I still get goosebumps about riding and the Midwest VMX scene is pretty hot right now. Anyone is the Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, or Michigan area should check out some of the races. Even people coming in from Iowa, Minnesota, Ohio, etc. Always was a great site here. Sad to see all the hacking on this page though...

4. Okiewan

Okiewan DRN is my fault.
    Staff Member

Good to see you UCHYTIL ... been a while!

Yeah, the spammers hit pretty much every day in the middle of the night, but we usually get rid of the their posts first thing in the morning.

5. mxbundy

mxbundy Sponsoring Member

I stop in from time to time, see some familiar faces here and there.
    Started a little company called Seatconcepts about 10 years back, keeps me busy, no time to ride!

Bundy

Okiewan likes this.
  6. mx547

mx547 Ortho doc's wet dream

I dragged the old CR250 out of the corner of the garage last weekend. It probably hadn't been started in two years. I dumped in a splash of fresh gas and it started on about the eighth kick. I rode around the neighborhood, did a couple wheelies, and put it back in hibernation.

[​IMG]

MXSparx and Okiewan like this.
  7. Rich Rohrich

Rich Rohrich BioHazard
    Staff Member

Wheelies in the neighborhood are fun no matter how long it's been.

Okiewan likes this.
  8. BunduBasher

BunduBasher Boodoo-Bash-eRRR

Moved to Kansas - Crap place for dirtbikes. Had me a Venture V4 1300. Now I'm bikeless - can't afford a new one. Also got old! :)

9. mx547

mx547 Ortho doc's wet dream

Get a dual-sport and ride country roads. I do a lot of that here in Oklahoma and occasionally even venture up into Kansas.

10. IndyMX

IndyMX Crash Test Dummy

First time I have logged in here in a long time. I was also caught up in the other social media sites. As of about 3 weeks ago though, I have removed myself from all of them. (I still have a dormant twitter just to test things for a website I manage.)

As for riding, nope, no more dirt for me. As many of you who were connected with me on Facebook know, I traded my old CRF450 for a vintage flat track bike a few years back and restored it. Then I promptly sold it for a wad of cash to finance a new camera and a couple other toys.

Now I have a nice spot in the country with a couple of acres and may eventually get a TTR or something similar to play with in the backyard. Until then, just waiting for warm weather to get out the old sled to go play on the backroads. 1977 KZ650... first need to put a clutch in it.

COMEON SPRING!!