what is the best bolt ons for a 2 stroke?

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Spend your money on practice, it'll get faster by the month!

Shig

~SPONSOR~
Jan 15, 2004
Fresh tires, a quality pair of handlebars, and the correct suspension springs for your weight are a good place to start. That, and lots of practice.

Speeed

Proud American
Jul 4, 2004
good suspention and A LOT of seat time!

plysWfire

Mar 1, 2001
Hey, I've just picked up a 2003 KX250 myself, and have also been looking for what upgrades to make. The bike has a serious hole in the middle of the power from what I can tell (don't have a lot of hours on it yet).

I've looked through the posts here on DRN and came up with the following. An FMF pipe (fatty I think) which comes with a spacer you put in the power valve mechanish and a shorty silencer helps with the midrange. To put the spacer in, you have to pull the clutch side cover and put the washer type spacer in. From what I read, it must make the powervalve start to open up a little but sooner. Mine came with a PC Platinum pipe, so I may just try inserting a washer on the PV mechanism. This Kawi bulitin shows it (http://www.teamgreennews.ca/techside.html).

Since I ride out in the CA desert, I'm going to put on a good skid plate to help protect that giant water pump sticking out there.

L

LukeRips

YZ165 was right, to make it faster, git on it and ride. I would change them bars out, I have a pile of stock Kawasucki bars in the corner of my garage, it's the first thing I do. What to put on your bike depends on what you plan to do with it.

Top Bottom