What size chest protector should I get

DamonBoost

Jul 14, 2003
I am 5'5" 125 lbs.. should I get the Adult one size fits all or a Youth Size. (the largest youth size) Where should the bottom of the protector come down. I tried on a youth Thor One today and the bottom comes down to about where my Ribs start maybe a tad lower.

Thanks!

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
according to the guys at HRP the protector should be at your belly button or slightly above. This way it will not ride up and hit your chin when you flex or sit down. You are right on the edge between the 2 -largest youth or med adult. Go to a shop and try them both on and if possible get on a bike in the showroom and try different riding positions

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
according to the guys at HRP the protector should be at your belly button or slightly above. This way it will not ride up and hit your chin when you flex or sit down.
Apparently they haven't seen my belly.

Knobbyjake

~SPONSOR~
Jan 29, 2000
DamonBoost said:
I am 5'5" 125 lbs.. should I get the Adult one size fits all or a Youth Size. (the largest youth size) Where should the bottom of the protector come down. I tried on a youth Thor One today and the bottom comes down to about where my Ribs start maybe a tad lower.

Thanks!

You're the same size as my 13 year old daughter, and we're having a tough time fitting her too. Went to the dealer, all the youth sizes were too small, the adults were too large, he suggested a Fox adult small Airframe, which of course is the size he didn't have. :| Did some calling around and was told that the adult Shift runs small but no one around here carries them, so I took a leap and ordered the Shift, $40 less than the Fox. It should be here Monday, I'll let you know if it works.

Top Bottom