What type of bike should I get?

Hi there all.. im a 27 yo female, 5"5' and around 145lbs.. i have been riding for about 5 years, started on a ttr125, then to a yz125(sold it for a ttr230 as I thought I preferred trail riding) and now I am bored on my 230. The 230 is ok for the trails but i have come to enjoy track riding now and as for speed and durability for jumps it's just not there. Wondering what bike to go to next? My boyfriend reccomends a crf150r but I feel height wise it might be a bit small or I may get bored on it after a year or two.

Sounds like you are in the market for a XC bike over a trail bike which is what the 230 is.
I would look at the KTM 150 XC/XCW, Yamaha YZ125X or maybe YZ250X or KTM 250 or 300 XCW if you want to step it up.
For 4 strokes the Honda CRF250X or Yamaha WR250F or YZ250FX

I've got news for ya... you'll probably get bored with just about anything you get after a couple of years, LOL... just the way it goes!

At 5'5" I don't think the CRF150R will be too short for you. I can tell you that a full size MX'er or Off-Road bike (not trail bike) will put you on your tippy-toes for sure. If you are okay with that (and you should be) you'll be good to go.

Since you've had a YZ125, you know how tall they are... in fact, at least in the past, I know there were many 25's that were taller than 250's / 450's.

javjacob has made some good suggestions, can't go wrong with any of them. If I was in the market for just about any type of bike these days, I'd probably start with KTM and go from there. That, coming from a die-hard Honda guy.

gumby1

Lifetime Sponsor
Hi there all.. im a 27 yo female, 5"5' and around 145lbs.. i have been riding for about 5 years, started on a ttr125, then to a yz125(sold it for a ttr230 as I thought I preferred trail riding) and now I am bored on my 230. The 230 is ok for the trails but i have come to enjoy track riding now and as for speed and durability for jumps it's just not there. Wondering what bike to go to next? My boyfriend reccomends a crf150r but I feel height wise it might be a bit small or I may get bored on it after a year or two.
Take a look at what Sherco has to offer. I'm scheduled to pick up my new 2020 Sherco SE 250 Factory this Friday. Sherco has a lot of models in their line-up and I saw some YouTube videos of women riders on the Shercos and they seemed to be having a great time.