whats the 2 stroke equivilent wr450

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
cool but flawed

Rich Rohrich said:
2010 Yamaha YZ300 from Service Yamaha

http://servicehonda.com/yamaha-2010-models/yz300

yamaha.yz300.side.jpg
being as anti atv as I sense you are how does the double wish bone front suspension slip into the spec sheet?
Obviously a typo but still would be interesting to see
My real 2c worth is short people live and die by the button start so Gas Gas with a linkage or KTM with-out 250 if you like to flick the cluch or 300 for the old skool

csdwarf

Apr 19, 2010
pesky nz said:
being as anti atv as I sense you are how does the double wish bone front suspension slip into the spec sheet?
Obviously a typo but still would be interesting to see
My real 2c worth is short people live and die by the button start so Gas Gas with a linkage or KTM with-out 250 if you like to flick the cluch or 300 for the old skool

im not sure if you were talking to me when you said anti ATV, but if you were i applaud you, i dont know how you knew.

i think its only because everyone that i go to school with rides fourwheelers and brags them up constantly, when they are 5x slower then i am on a trail!

i got a bike last night

2001 ktm 250 exc.

going to try it out after school today.

any opinions on this bike?

thanks!

jb_dallas

Feb 17, 2009
The KTM 2 strokes are excellent bikes...I know many riders that own KTM 250 and 300 EXC's. That is a 10 year old bike, so make sure you know what you looking for when checking out the bike.

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
csdwarf said:
im not sure if you were talking to me when you said anti ATV, but if you were i applaud you, i dont know how you knew.

The anti ATV thing was for Rich (but he is probably correcting the specs so he can deny it ever happened) :laugh:
I ride anything with handlebars and enjoy them all ,but as you say they are slow in places not suited to them. I use my one for track clearing and grooming mostly.
Only rode 250exc once but felt good instantly, went fast and stayed on

csdwarf

Apr 19, 2010
yup, i only dont like them because i like riding were they arnt as good.

if i had to tow a little groom or a little trailer, and many other things. and only had a dirtbike, i would be screwed.

but for recreational use, i think i like the control and feel of a dirtbike vs the not so controlled tippy feel of a quad.

thanks! i didnt know how harsh the reply i would get might be, i made it sound like i was a fool after i re read it

i uploaded a picture of my new bike, its clean.

inspected everything i could while buying it, then even more when i got home.

i have a pile of receipts with 1200$ worth of parts sitting on my counter right now.

no complaints on the purchase so far.

thanks!

Attachments

• ktm 250.jpg
    ktm 250.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 237

csdwarf

Apr 19, 2010
i tried it out on the road last night, and i did a couple loops in my driveway.

cant really get a feel for the bike, but its better then just looking at it for a month

any other things that are good upgrades/mods for this bike?

:D

thanks!

jb_dallas

Feb 17, 2009
KTMs are usually good out of the box, but of course, there are endless mods you can make...most will cost you. Do you have receipts for an engine rebuild?

csdwarf

Apr 19, 2010
yup, i huge stack, i added up 1200+ish $ of parts put into the bike,

theres reciepts for everything, including all the rebuild parts and labor.

thanks

Top Bottom