higgy450

Mar 25, 2014

Are there gaskets or seals I know I need pipe oring s and a deep clean but what do I call this piece and are leaks normal from this is it like a pcv valve?

sbest

Mar 12, 2013
Hard to tell, especially because you don't mention the make, model, displacement or year of bike, but it looks like a rubber one-way valve from the power-valve breather. Normally they don't give a problem unless the gearbox is overfilled, the crankseal shot, or a gasket leak has occurred.

If I am right (and not sure I am from hazy picture) I'd clean up the engine, clean out remaining oil in the power-valve breather box, check or change the gearbox oil and leak test the crankcase to see if there are seal or gasket leaks. Leak testing is blocking the intake and exhaust and applying 7psi on the engine internals, looking for it to hold without leaking.

The is the closest pict I could find like what you are showing us, 2014 KX85:
2014_Kawasaki_KX_85_748874_i0.jpg

higgy450

Mar 25, 2014
It's a 1998 kx100 I figured out that it is for a power valve. But can't find the seal or is it a vent on this bike? Is power valve governor shaft sound right?

The Redrider

Jun 14, 2019
Old post, just buy some high temp silicone sealant clean the junction, squirt it in the diameter of the pipes entry point. Clean it up, slap on the pipe, and give it some time to dry, then presto, the dripping will stop... 2aec4c60-1181-11e4-ae1c-4be92242dfee_Simpson_Krusty_Clown-crop.jpg

Top Bottom