R White

Sep 13, 2001
Went to go riding the other day started my bike and found the head pipe cherry red, have done no mods to this bike, Im finding myself a bit confussed, had no problems in new york now in so. ohio is it the fuel here? :confused: :mad: 01 wr 426

Rick

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
yep it's our hot rod fuel :)
why do you think there are so many highway patrol persons here in ohio :D

DC3PIC

Jul 4, 2001
This is a completely normal thing for these YZF's. I can even see my pipe glow dark red if I let it idle for just a minute or so while in the shade!

R White

Sep 13, 2001
Id nrver seen this on this bike before,was running on gas I brought from NY, this was my first tank of fuel from gas here,its not a dull red its bright red in the direct sun, I thought I herd something about they just added something to the fuel here and was courius if that might be the cause,if so I can rejet I do have the technoligy. :confused: :ugg:

DC3PIC

Jul 4, 2001
How does you spark plug look? I can't imagine your bike got leaner coming to Southern OH. You left Long Island at an elevation of nearly sea level and came to Southern Ohio where the elevation is closer to 900 feet, you should have gotten a richer mixture. Was there a big temperature drop from when you last ran your bike on L.I.? I know my idle seems to have gotten a little bit leaner since summer but not enough for me to adjust it.

As far as the fuel, in the Cincinnati area the EPA makes the gasoline suppliers mix in some sort of "clean air" additive. I don't know what it is but, it would make sense if the exhaust gasses burn hotter. Maybe someone else could give you a better answer.

R White

Sep 13, 2001
spark plug is white yup lean way to lean :think left my manual @ home I'll get it first of the year on last load here :mad:

Top Bottom