Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
Hasn't been one for a few years now... I believe because it takes a HUGE effort to organize everything, and the turn-out kept getting smaller every year... Too bad as it was always a really good time. Nothing like riding every day for an entire week, and bench racing around the camp fire w/ some buddies and a few barley pops every evening...

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
In my eyes it's not because it took a huge effort and turnout was getting lower it's because the same people had to expend the same huge effort every year (Okie's clan). Also to me the appriciation factor seemed to be getting lower as it seemed events and prizes were becoming expected rather than the original intent of DW. If somebody else wants to expend the effort I'm sure there would be people willing to attend, just don't expect to throw it together in 80 hours of effort. :)

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Dirtweek was a huge effort but it was also a memory that will live on forever by those of us that got to go. Me & Tigger made it to DW02, 03, 04, and paid for 05 but had to miss it at the last minute.

Bob, don't know if I ever told you guys but thanks for the memories of a life time. It's simply amazing how often Hailey will out of the blue reference something that happened at one of the DW's we went to. In todays world when you have to be so protective of your children it's nice to have given them a taste of the way it should be. I remember asking several times at one of the DW's , "Where's Tigger?" Somebody would pop up and say she and Malcom took off through the woods on their motorcycles again. Never a worry in the world. The funniest thing is that she didn't even care who Malcom was, just that he took the time to ride with her all week.

It was also nice to be made to feel at home everywhere you went, a what's mine is yours attitude from everyone. Of course there were some scarey moments like when we saw two moons one night, that part of DW we shouldn't talk about :rotfl: Here Kitty Kitty

Wish I had the means to bring back DW for everyone to experience, maybe someday! Untill then, make the most of what you can because you may not always know what you've got till it's gone. (I hear a song in there somewhere)

THANKS!

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Jeff Gilbert said:
Dirtweek was a huge effort but it was also a memory that will live on forever by those of us that got to go. Me & Tigger made it to DW02, 03, 04, and paid for 05 but had to miss it at the last minute.

Bob, don't know if I ever told you guys but thanks for the memories of a life time. It's simply amazing how often Hailey will out of the blue reference something that happened at one of the DW's we went to. In todays world when you have to be so protective of your children it's nice to have given them a taste of the way it should be. I remember asking several times at one of the DW's , "Where's Tigger?" Somebody would pop up and say she and Malcom took off through the woods on their motorcycles again. Never a worry in the world. The funniest thing is that she didn't even care who Malcom was, just that he took the time to ride with her all week.

It was also nice to be made to feel at home everywhere you went, a what's mine is yours attitude from everyone. Of course there were some scarey moments like when we saw two moons one night, that part of DW we shouldn't talk about :rotfl: Here Kitty Kitty

Wish I had the means to bring back DW for everyone to experience, maybe someday! Untill then, make the most of what you can because you may not always know what you've got till it's gone. (I hear a song in there somewhere)

THANKS!
well said Jeff :nod: I look back at dirtweeks as highlights of my life. I met friends there that will remain lifelong buddies. It was also fun watching the kids like Tigger grow up each year and never lose the enthusiasm for riding. Some day it will return and I know I will be there with Spider

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
oldguy said:
well said Jeff :nod: I look back at dirtweeks as highlights of my life. I met friends there that will remain lifelong buddies. It was also fun watching the kids like Tigger grow up each year and never lose the enthusiasm for riding. Some day it will return and I know I will be there with Spider

Some day it MUST return. My son Eric (12) attended his first at age 5 and still asks if this will be the year that we do it again. GREAT TIME and if it happens again...............DONT MISS IT :cool:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
What do you mean no Dirt Week, I've been sitting in front of my house waiting on Billy for days? I am not pleased nor was I notified of this.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Billywho?

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
hell maybe we should make the summer little deal a little bigger and do it on a HS race weekend so it ends with a sunday race? hell who knows, but nikki said she is racing woods womens class this year right?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
wardy said:
hell maybe we should make the summer little deal a little bigger and do it on a HS race weekend so it ends with a sunday race? hell who knows, but nikki said she is racing woods womens class this year right?

If you could just plan it so that it's not too close to Redbud, or any of the other "big" stuff going on in the midwest..

Last year was too close to something else I had going on.. I would loved to have made it though.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
wardy said:
hell maybe we should make the summer little deal a little bigger and do it on a HS race weekend so it ends with a sunday race?

Attachments

• brilliant1.jpg
    brilliant1.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 167

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
-50 AAAIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE! And I thought it was cold here, LOL!

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
Just saw this thread...another amplification for what Jeff said. Shelby keeps asking and it's hard to tell her she may have been to the last real DW. She's gotten bigger and rides that KX100 pretty well now (her brother "Stoppie King's" former bike).

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
In a perfect world;. Everytown USA would have dirtweek at least once a year....., ya know,... wats wrong with these ppl!!! :coocoo:

Top Bottom