1. Thanks for visiting The Forums at DirtRider.Net. Please join us and gain access to advanced search functions and other features that will make the most of your time here.[ Do it! ]

Which of these two

Discussion in 'General Moto & Off-Topic Discussions' started by Sgeorge46, Mar 14, 2017.

?

Hey guys I'm about to get my first bike, I live in nh so will be doing a lot of trail riding. I was

1. 1991 Kx 125

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 1995 rm 125

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sgeorge46

Sgeorge46 Rookie

Hey guys I'm about to get my first bike, I live in nh so will be doing a lot of trail riding. I was wondering if anyone could offer any insite on which of these two I should get. 91 kx125 or a 95 rm125.

2. truespode

truespode Wheelie King
    Staff Member

If all things are equal go with the newer one.

However, no matter what the age the biggest issue is condition and wear & tear. The 95 will have better suspension just due to being a bit newer and the advances made but if it is all beat to death and needs money then it won't be worth it.

I had a 2000 Gas Gas and it was great. I didn't feel at a disadvantage and was able to keep up with the same guys riding my 2000 GG as I did on my 2006 YZ450F, even on a very hilly area.

Ivan

3. Sgeorge46

Sgeorge46 Rookie

Thanks for your response. I actually talked to both guys with the bikes and the kx is fully rebuilt and has fmf exhaust already and factory connection suspension while the rm is stock so I think I'm going to go with the kx.